𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄: 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐎 𝐍𝐎𝐖?

• ★ •

"you can't be serious right now," nyla said, looking at troy. "you've liked me this whole time?"

troy stepped forward, his eyes boring into nyla's. "yeah, i have."

nyla gulped, her stomach turning. "why didn't you tell me?"

"because i didn't want to fuck up our friendship. plus, you've been fucking vinnie for the past four months behind our backs, and you obviously like him."

nyla shook her head. "no, i d-"

troy scoffed, cutting the girl off. "stop lying, nyla, you're a shitty liar. everyone knows you like him and that he likes you."

nyla looked down at her feet, not wanting to look at troy in the eyes. 

"so," troy said, placing his hands on the counter on either side of nyla's legs, leaning forward so his face was just inches from nyla's. "what are we going to do now?"

nyla sucked in a breath, her chest rising up and down as she leaned forward, her lips softly pressing against troy's. it took him by surprise, and he froze for a moment, before his lips moved against hers in sync. nyla knit her hands in troy's hair, pulling him closer, while he grabbed her waist, not breaking the kiss.

after a few seconds, they pulled away, breathing hard. 

troy opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off by the doorbell ringing, signaling that addison was here.

nyla brushed her thumb over troy's lips, wiping off the lipstick on his skin, and jumped down from the counter, heading to the door.

"hey, addi," nyla said as she opened the door, watching as the girl walked in, her eyes narrowed suspiciously at nyla. "hey, lala."

nyla headed to the kitchen so she could get the cake out of the oven, while addison walked into the living room, heading straight to troy. "what the hell just happened on that live?"

troy's eyes widened, before he shrugged. "she asked me a question, so i answered. what's the big deal?"

addison glared at troy. "you know the deal, idiot. please tell me you two didn't-"

nyla quickly walked over to the pair with three slices of warm chocolate cake. "okay! guys, let's just plan this stupid party thing."

addison sighed, and sat down on the couch, as far away from troy as she could. "fine. what should the theme be? i want something cool and mysterious, so don't say glow in the dark or some shit like that."

"under the sea?" troy asked.

"no, that's fucking dumb," addison replied, scrunching up her face.

"uhh, something tropical?"

"ew, no."

"a cocktail party."

"no."

"an 80s party."

"everyone does that, so no."

"a 90s party."

"no, stop giving me decades. nyla, please tell me you have ideas."

"what about," nyla started, still thinking about it. "uh, what about a masquerade ball?"

addison grinned, "now i'm listening."

• ★ •

mia flinched as she heard a loud crash come from vinnie's room. she knocked on the door, hoping to get his attention without yelling at the boy.