𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓: 𝐈'𝐌 𝐓𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐖𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆

• ★ •

vinnie was now sitting up on the couch, nyla's sleeping head resting on his lap as he gently stroked her hair every once in a while.

"this is disgusting," bryce said under his breath, looking at vinnie and nyla. "get your dirty hands off of her, hacker."

vinnie flipped him off, shaking his head. "shut up, bryce."

the other boys slowly walked in with some chipotle, handing vinnie a bowl that he set aside for later so he could eat with nyla. "so, i need all of your help with something."

the boys looked at vinnie curiously, waiting for him to continue. "i'm gonna ask nyla out in a few days."

"finally," noah muttered, a smile on his face as he leaned forward, "so what do we need to do?"

"you know she's planning on asking you out too, right?" blake added, laughing. "we were talking about it a few weeks ago. she thinks you're too much of a pussy to ask her."

vinnie sighed. "of course she is. well i need you guys to convince her not to do anything so i can set everything up."

"what are you going to do?" bryce asked. "it better be fucking perfect. and you two can't have sex because of the fight so keep your grimy little hands to yourself, okay."

vinnie coughed, trying to hide his laugh, and nodded. "yes sir. and i'm not going to tell you what i'm doing because you can't keep secrets."

"i'm happy you're doing this, vin,"  noah said, happy for the boy. "it's nice to see you guys finally becoming official."

vinnie smiled, looking down at the girl who was still sleeping, a peaceful look on her face. "yeah, i, uh, i think i love her," he whispered, "but i feel like it's way too soon to tell her."

"we're here for you, bro," blake said, "noah and bryce can distract her and if you need anything, i can help. you're gonna be fine."

vinnie smiled at the boys. "thanks, guys."

• ★ •

about an hour later, nyla stirred awake, feeling cold without vinnie next to her. she slowly sat up, rubbing her eyes and praying there wasn't any drool on her face.

"hi, sleeping beauty," blake said, walking into the living room.

"where's vinnie?"

"i said hi to you," blake said, unamused. "you're supposed to say hi back."

"hi, where's vinnie?"

blake rolled his eyes. "i'm not telling you because you were mean to me."

"fuck off, blake," nyla groaned, still half asleep as she walked over to the kitchen, holding her arms out as she walked towards vinnie, who was sitting on the kitchen counter, and gave him a hug, collapsing into his embrace.

"good morning, baby," vinnie mumbled, "except for it's like six pm, so good evening, baby."

"mhm," nyla sighed, feeling her eyes start to get heavy again. "i'm gonna fall asleep again."

"have you been sleeping at all?" vinnie asked, looking down at nyla, who shrugged. "been busy," she muttered, "filming and shit."

vinnie sighed, rocking the girl back and forth. "you wanna get out of here and go on a drive?"

"no, your car will probably break down again and we'll be stuck with no ac on the side of the road for five hours," she replied, slowly standing up. "plus, i need to talk to noah about something."