𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄: 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐔𝐒?

• ★ •

vinnie stared at troy, his hands curling into fists. "what the fuck just happened?"

nyla took a step back, her back hitting vinnie's chest, vinnie's arm wrapping around her waist. "you can't-you can't be fucking serious," she breathed out, looking back and forth between addison and troy. "after everything-"

"hey, hey, calm down," vinnie muttered into nyla's ear, "it's okay."

"no, it's not okay!" nyla said, pulling herself out of vinnie's grip and taking the mask off her face. "i thought that-"

"it's not what you think, lala, please," troy said, walking towards nyla, arms outstretched, "i didn't mean to kiss addi, okay, i-"

"you kissed addison?" vinnie asked, eyes wide. "you fucking-"

he was cut off as nyla turned around, her hands cupping his face as she tilted her head, kissing him passionately and putting all her anger and hurt into the motion. vinnie stumbled at the force, but caught his balance, deepening the kiss and letting his tongue trace along nyla's lips.

before he could get too carried away, vinnie pulled back, looking down at nyla, who was staring right back at him, both of them speechless.

"seriously?" troy asked after a second. "i kiss addison so you kiss vinnie to get back at me?"

"troy!" addison warned, glaring at the boy. "shut up. what we just did wasn't cool either. nyla, i'm really sorry, he just took me by surprise when he kissed me."

nyla sighed, turning to the blonde. "save it, addi, i can't do this right now. you should go inside and make sure everything's okay."

the older girl nodded, brushing past nyla and vinnie and walking back inside as quickly as she could.

"vinnie, can you give troy and i a second, alone, please?" nyla said, looking at the curly haired boy, who nodded and walked to the foot of the large stone stairs, where he wouldn't be able to hear nyla and troy, but still be able to see them clearly,.

"what the hell, troy?" nyla asked after vinnie left, her voice surprisingly steady. "why did you just do that?"

the boy looked at the ground, his cheeks red. "i don't know, okay? i really don't. but i do like you a lot, okay?"

"obviously you don't like me that much if you can just kiss my other best friend like that!" nyla replied, trying to stop her tears from escaping her eyes. "god, troy, what happened to us?" nyla sniffled, her lips quivering as she stared at her best friend. 

"i'm really sorry," troy whispered, "the last thing i wanted to do was to hurt you, and that's exactly what i'm doing right now."

it was quiet, the tension between the two suffocating.

"i don't think you're the one for me," nyla mumbled. "you're my best friend and you've always been there for me, and i can't thank you enough for that. but i think that's all we should be. friends."

troy bit his bottom lip, looking up at nyla, his eyes glossy. "yeah. okay."

nyla opened her arms up, troy falling into her arms, both of them squeezing each other into a tight hug. "i'm really really sorry for everything that's been happening these past few weeks," troy muttered into nyla's ear. "but at least now we know where we stand. where you stand."

they pulled away, a small smile on each other their faces. "go get your man," troy said, his eyes moving to where vinnie was standing.

or at least, where vinnie was supposed to be standing.

nyla turned, hoping to see vinnie standing there in his blue suit and mask with a grin that always made butterflies appear in her stomach, but he wasn't there.

"uh, where'd your boyfriend go?" troy asked, earning himself a hard punch on the shoulder, making him wince. "what? he's basically your boyfriend now!"

nyla walked forward, before turning back to the black haired boy. "i'm still really fucking mad at you, but i need to go find vinnie, okay? i'll talk to you later."

troy smiled a bittersweet smile, waving as he watched nyla run up the stone stairs and to the ballroom.

• ★ •

"have you seen vinnie anywhere?" nyla asked charli and dixie, who were sitting at a table, their heels off after dancing for hours. they both shook their head no, and dixie waved to noah, getting his attention.

noah leaned over and asked nyla to repeat her question, which she did. "i saw him walk out with paper and calvin, i think they went home!" he yelled over the loud music. "what's wrong?"

"i need to talk to him!" nyla replied, turning and heading over to where mia and thomas were sitting. "mia, where's vinnie? i need to talk to him, like, right now," she said.

mia looked at her, confused. "he stormed out of here a few minutes ago with some of the boys. i thought you two got in a fight or something?"

nyla shook her head, "no, mia, i need to tell him that he's the one i want! it's not troy, it was never troy!"

mia grinned, pulling the younger girl into a quick hug. "well, fucking finally! hold on, let me ask thomas where vinnie is," the girl turned, looking at her boyfriend. "baby, do you have vinnie's location?"

thomas tapped the find my iphone app on his phone and waiting for it to load, the seconds feeling like hours to nyla. "he's on the highway, i think he's on his way to the hype house."

"you have to go!" mia said, "i don't know why he left so quickly, but go and tell him how you feel, okay?"

nyla nodded, looking around for addison, pushing against the crowds of people around her who were trying to get pictures and start a conversation with her. they were all probably judging her right now, but nyla couldn't care less. she only had one thing on her mind. 

"addi!" nyla said, watching as the girl turned to her, eyes wide. "listen, can you take care of the party? i need to go see vinnie."

addison grabbed nyla's hands squeezing them once. "listen, i- i'm so sorry nyla, i-"

"we can talk about later!" nyla called out over the music, which only seemed to be getting louder. "can you take care of everything here? can i go see vinnie?"

addison nodded her head quickly,  "yeah, sure! whatever you need, ny, go get your man, okay?"

nyla smiled at her, before turning around, heading to the big doors and walking out of the ballroom, getting her keys and coat and running to her car.

rain started pouring as she turned her car on, making her scoff at her luck, because of course there would be a huge storm right when she needed to drive an hour away to go see vinnie.

she sighed, slowly backing out of her parking spot and heading to the main road, her gps giving her directions every few minutes.

it was time for her to finally tell vinnie how she felt. 

• ★ •

she speaks!

this was so hard to write ew

-n

• ★ •