𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎: 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐆𝐎 𝐖𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐆?

• ★ •

the lights were dim, making it hard to see anyone, especially since their faces were covered by their masks. the bass of the calm music vibrated throughout the room, with guests either sitting at random tables, dancing in the middle of the room, or at the bar, ordering drinks.

nyla and addison were stuck together for the first hour of the party, saying hello to everyone that they could, and making sure that everyone was having a good time. they grabbed some glasses of wine from the bar before heading back into the crowd of people and continuing their greetings. 

"oh my fucking god, is that bryce?" addison gasped, looking to her right, where bryce was sitting at a table, along with the rest of the sway boys. "nyla!"

nyla grinned, and slightly pushed the girl towards bryce's direction. "oops."

"i hate you, nyla."

"go say hi, it's the proper hostess thing to do, addi."

"come with me, bitch!" addison said, trying to grab nyla's arm, but the younger girl was quick to turn away. 

"i can't, look, there's mia and-" nyla turned back to addison, her lips pursed. "is that vinnie?"

addison frowned, shrugging. "i don't know, i didn't invite him. but oh my god, look, i think that's troy over there with the blue suit. i can't really tell."

nyla sighed, waving to bryce as addison dragged her to the other side of the room, where troy was standing with his friend aaron, sipping on a drink. 

"aw, look at you two, you're almost matching!" addison cooed, pushing nyla into troy, the boy catching her smoothly with his free arm. "how adorable."

nyla laughed, giving troy a hug. "hi, troy."

"hi, beautiful, you look gorgeous," troy responded, looking at nyla's half covered face. "your smile's so pretty."

nyla rolled her eyes, even though troy couldn't see it, and hid her head in the crook of his neck. "stop, you're too nice."

"i only speak the truth," troy responded, putting his drink down and grabbing nyla's waist. "you wanna dance, lala?"

nyla turned to addison, who was staring at them with a grin on her face. "go dance, lovebirds, i'll go say hi to everyone else."

"we're not lovebirds!" nyla called out as troy escorted her to the dance floor, right when the music changed into a slow song. 

"ah, perfect timing," troy said, fixing his mask over his eyes. "this is a good song."

nyla put her hands on troy's shoulder, the boy pulling her in a little closer so that their bodies were almost touching. they swayed from side to side, ignoring the stares from the other people around them. nyla looked up at the boy, the both of them staring at each other, troy leaning down slightly, their noses brushing against each other, their lips almost touching.

"there you are!" mia crowed, quickly walking to the pair, almost pushing troy to the ground. "you look so, so, pretty, lala," she said, grabbing the girl's arm. "it's mia, by the way, i don't know if you can tell."

"oh, i can tell," nyla mumbled, looking at troy apologetically. "troy, i'll-"

"she'll see you later," mia interrupted, pulling the girl with her to the circular table where thomas and few other hype house members were sitting. "you know, as a host, you're supposed to say hi to everyone, and you didn't even say hi to me."

"that's why there's two hosts, mia," nyla said, shaking her head. "i feel bad for leaving troy back there, would you-"

"hi."