𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑: 𝐖𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇 𝐈𝐍

• ★ •

nyla turned over in her bed, trying to ignore her phone, which kept buzzing with notifications.

a loud knock on the door and bryce's (annoying) voice made nyla sit up, rubbing her eyes and trying to massage away the pounding sensation in her head.

"i'm coming in!" bryce yelled, and a few seconds later the boy walked in, holding one of nyla's extra key cards in his hand. "what the hell is going on?"

nyla scowled, flopping back onto the bed and throwing the covers over her body. "leave me alone, bryce."

"i cant leave you alone, you're all over tiktokroom and everyone thinks you kissed kio."

nyla pushed the covers off her face and looked at bryce, her eyes wide. "what?"

"check your phone, dumbass."

nyla groaned, reaching for her phone and unlocking it, going to tiktokroom and seeing the post from last night. "i'm going to cry."

bryce sighed. "just- actually i don't know what happened on that boat. did you kiss kio?"

"no! i mean, there was a second when i was going to but i pulled away," nyla said, shaking her head. "oh my god, vinnie probably hates me."

"he's hated you for a long time, this is nothing new. i saw him yesterday when we were training together, and he was a fucking beast. not as good as me though," bryce said with a grin. "now get up, you have to come to the weigh in."

"no," nyla said, pulling the covers over her face. "i need to sleep. my head hurts."

"you need some advil?" bryce asked, a worried expression on his face. "i can ask room service for a hangover smoothie."

"thanks, bryce," nyla said, letting the boy give her a quick hug before he stood up again. "i'll be at the conference, i promise."

"bye, lala, if you're at the lobby by eleven you can ride with us to the weigh in, okay?"

nyla didn't answer, she was already drifting off to sleep.

• ★ •

"vinnie, calm the fuck down," his coach said, stopping the boy from hitting the bag in front of him. "we can't have you accidentally breaking a wrist or something."

vinnie sighed, letting his trainer take his gloves off of his hands before he dropped to the ground, exhausted. "sorry."

"it's okay, but what's bothering you? you gotta keep your emotions under control, okay?"

"nothing, just relationship problems," vinnie mumbled.

"take that energy, and put it into your fight tomorrow, okay? and no distractions."

vinnie nodded, wiping the sweat off his forehead with the back of his hand as he stood up. "i will."

"good. now, you got your press conference in an hour, so shower and get ready to head over there, okay?"

vinnie nodded again, grabbing his clothes and heading to the gym showers.

• ★ •

nyla grimaced as she heard the loud alarm on her phone ring throughout her hotel room. she quickly turned it off, realizing that it was already eleven and that the press conference started in an hour.

she got up, taking the smoothie that had been delivered to her room and quickly gulping it down before grabbing some advil and swallowing it.

she stood in front of her suitcase, biting her lip as she tried to figure out what to wear.