𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄: 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐈𝐍 𝐌𝐈𝐀𝐌𝐈

• ★ •

ONE WEEK LATER

"nyla, what the fuck?" kio said, walking into the girl's room. "we're supposed to be leaving in an hour."

"you can go without me," nyla mumbled, turning around in her bed. "i'm busy."

"it's miami. you have to come with us. amanda's waiting outside."

"no, i have to sleep."

"ok, that's enough," kio said, grabbing the covers and throwing them off the bed, making nyla glare at him. "c'mon, one and a half weeks in miami, what could go so bad?"

"i might see him."

"vinnie?"

nyla groaned, throwing a pillow at kio. "yes."

kio sighed, sitting on the bed next to nyla. "you know he wants you there, right? he asked me yesterday if you were going to be at the fight."

nyla sat up, looking at the boy. "are you serious?"

"uh, yeah? you want proof or some shit?"

"no," nyla said, shaking her head. "do i have to come?"

"yes."

• ★ •

"do you have shirts? chargers? socks?" mia asked, reading off the checklist she had made for vinnie's trip to miami. "oh and toothpaste and chapstick for your crusty lips."

vinnie laughed, nodding his head. "yeah, yeah, yeah, yes, and my lips are not that crusty, mia, shut up."

"no they're really bad right now, i don't understand how nyla kissed-" mia trailed off, the joke dying in her throat. "uh, sorry."

vinnie shook his head. "it's okay, don't worry."

"i'm sure she'll be there," mia said quietly, sitting on the bed, next to vinnie's suitcase. "she'll always support you, no matter what."

vinnie sighed, "i hope she is. kio said he would convince her to go."

vinnie's phone rang, the contact "momma <3" lighting up the screen. "i gotta take this, can you zip my suitcase up? i'll be back."

mia gave the younger boy a thumbs up as he walked out of the room, pressing the green button to accept the call.

"hey, momma."

"hi, vin, you ready to go?"

"i am, uh, mia's just packing up all my stuff and thomas is gonna drop me off."

"okay, baby, remember to get there early so you don't miss your flight, okay?"

"i will, momma," vinnie said, laughing slightly. "i know i can't miss this flight."

"am i gonna meet that girl you were telling me about a few weeks ago?" maria asked, curious. "i saw her instagram, she's so pretty."

it was quiet for a minute.

"vinnie?"

"uh, i don't know, momma, i gotta see if she'll be there. and i don't want her to get all anxious about meeting you guys."