𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: 𝐅𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎

• ★ •

pain's theme song.

nyla stared at vinnie in awe as he made his way out to the ring, his face focused but emotionless as he walked out to girei.

he entered the ring, jeff wittek and his coaches following behind him, and jumped on his feet, warming himself up.

maria, nate, reggie, and a few of vinnie and nyla's other friends, like tessa, all made their way ringside, standing next to nyla.

nyla fiddled with her fingers, watching as deji walked in, his words from earlier in the evening still running in her mind.

"hey, everything's gonna be okay," tessa said, squeezing nyla's hand with a smile. "he's going to be fine."

nyla nodded, biting her lip. "yeah. i hope so. i just don't want him to get hurt."

the referee waved the two fighters over to the center of the ring, giving them one last rundown of the rules and asking them to touch gloves, which they did.

vinnie turned, his eyes quickly scanning the crowd before landing on nyla, shooting her a small, tense, smile before looking away.

nyla sucked in a breath, joining vinnie's family in cheering for vinnie as loud as she could, ignoring the cameras that she knew were pointed her way.

the first round started, the two boys going right at ur, throwing punches left and right. nyla flinched each time deji's gloves connected with vinnie's body, but kept her hopes up, shouting her support for vinnie.

it was clear that deji had won the first round, and nyla tapped her foot against the grass as she waited anxiously for the second round to begin, staring at vinnie, who was sitting in his corner and listening to what his coach was saying to him.

the bell signaled the second round starting, and this time, vinnie landed a lot more punches, making nyla and everyone around her scream and cheer for him.

by the end of the second round, vinnie was, as the commentators said "stalking his prey," and deji was gassed out, breathing hard.

vinnie went back to his side of the ring, letting his trainers pour some water in his mouth, and listening to what they were saying to him.

"don't hesitate, okay? he's fucking tired so just go for it, alright son?"

vinnie nodded, getting up and moving back to middle of the ring as the third round started.

nyla watched from the side, biting her nails as she watched vinnie move towards deji, before the older boy held his hand out and took a knee for a second before getting up.

vinnie was ready, and quickly started punching, deji almost tackling him and leading to the referee pulling them apart and giving a stern warning to deji to stop pushing.

vinnie took a breath, quickly throwing out a few punches and hooks, cornering deji, who had seemed like he had given up.

nyla watched as the referee issued a standing eight count for deji, everyone else watching in shock because quite frankly, no one had expected this to happen.

vinnie dove in after the count, cornering deji once again and punching him in the face and sending more blows to his body again and again, before the referee pulled him away, waving his hands over his head.

it was over, and vinnie and won.

vinnie had won!

nyla could feel the vibrations of the deafening cheers from the crowd around her as she stared at vinnie, who was on his coach's shoulders, yelling "let's fucking go!" and pounding his chest.