𝐒𝐈𝐗: 𝐁𝐎𝐘𝐒 𝐀𝐈𝐍'𝐓 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐓

• ★ •

"why are boys," nyla began, as she started dabbing foundation on her skin, looking at the mirror then back to her vlogging camera, "so fucking annoying?"

"that's my question of the day," she said, grabbing a little more foundation from the bottle so she could touch up the spots she had missed. "like, do we even need boys in the world? women are fucking goddesses. thank god i'm in love with women too."

she grabbed her compact powder, using the brush to pack it under her eyes so it would hide her dark circles. she hadn't been sleeping much, and ever since her little...incident with vinnie, she had been rethinking that night over and over. 

"people are always like, oh my god, girls are so dramatic, but like, i can think of three boys right now that would throw a tantrum if something didn't go their way." she threw her brush down on her vanity with a large sigh. she moved onto her eyeliner and mascara, focusing fully on the black liquid that would soon line her eyes and coat her eyelashes.

she used another brush to blend in her powder, and grabbed her highlighter and bronzer, lightly adding both products to her cheeks and nose. she ended her makeup with a swipe of lip gloss across her lips, and spoke to her camera.

"anyways, my loves, make sure you like this video and subscribe to my channel, now, let's get started with the vlog."

she turned her camera off, grabbing her purse with her phone, keys, and lip gloss inside, then walked out, her door locking automatically behind her. 

she got into her car and started recording, placing her sunglasses on her nose and turning the engine on so she could get some air conditioning. 

"i'm not driving right now, i can't vlog and drive, we already got into a car accident because of that, go and watch that video if you want," nyla laughed, shaking her head. "but today, i've decided to make a video about how boys ain't shit."

she glanced at someone who was walking past her and staring at her vlog camera with a weird look on their face. "there is someone walking past me and judging me right now," she said, rolling her eyes. "anyways, i've decided that i'm gonna feel like a bad bitch today, and no one can stop me."

• ★ •

a few hours later, nyla had vlogged her day, going to a photoshoot, a beachside cafe for lunch, and just driving around in her car. she was about to leave the parking lot of the cafe when a tall, dark haired boy caught her attention, and she got out of the car, waving to get his attention.

"holy shit, spencer?" she yelled, making the boy turn around, confused. a smile took over his face, and he changed directions, walking over to nyla. "i haven't seen you in forever, how are you?" she asked, smiling as she gave spencer a hug. "i can't believe you're here."

spencer laughed, holding nyla by the shoulders and looking at her in amazement. "you look amazing, oh my god. and i just moved here, like a week ago, for college. i got into UCLA!"

"that's amazing, holy shit!" she congratulated, grinning. "what are you up to today?"

spencer and nyla had been mutual friends for many years. they weren't super close, but they knew each other and would hang out with people from their friend group. nyla didn't really know much about him personally, but she was excited to see someone from her hometown with her in california.

"i'm just getting a coffee and going back to my apartment. i'm sure you're busy, i don't wanna hold you up. unless you want to join me?" he asked.

nyla shrugged. "yeah, i'm free. i'm just vlogging today, so we can just catch up."

spencer and nyla walked back into the cafe, where she ordered another iced coffee and spencer ordered a green tea and a brownie. they walked to the outdoor seating, getting comfortable in the big chairs and staring at the ocean view.

the two talked about literally everything. spencer told nyla about their friends at home, and how he was planning to get back on social media. nyla told spencer about her life in california and how it was so different here. 

as the sun was setting, nyla pulled out her vlog camera, asking spencer if she could record them both together. spencer nodded, moving closer to nyla to the camera would capture both of them in the frame.

"okay, so i know the title of this vlog is that boys ain't shit," nyla started, making the boy next to her snort with laughter. "but this boy next to me is an exception."

she put her head on spencer's shoulder, and the boy put an arm around her. "this is spencer, one of my old friends, and we just randomly found each other today. i think it was fate. anyways, we just spent the last, oh my god, three hours talking, and it literally felt like five minutes. spencer's good company," she said, looking up at the boy, who was still smiling. 

"hey vlog," he waved to the camera, "i dunno what to say, i'm kinda awkward. but it's nice to know that nyla thinks i'm not a piece of shit!"

the two of them laughed, and nyla took the last sip of her iced coffee, watching as a waiter came up to them. "hey guys, sorry to interrupt, but we're closing in fifteen minutes. also, i just wanted to say you guys are a super cute couple!"

nyla looked between spencer, the camera, and the waiter with wide eyes, her mouth open in slight shock. spencer's shoulder's shook with laughter as he said, "aw, thank you so much! she's just the best girlfriend i could ever ask for."

after the waiter walked away, nyla slapped spencer's shoulder in disbelief. "what the fuck was that?" she laughed, grabbing her camera, which was still recording, as they walked out of the cafe. 

"you just gotta give the people what they want," he replied, "but don't worry vlog, we're not dating or anything."

"nope, not yet," nyla replied, looking at spencer with a smirk. "anyways, i'm gonna end this here, my loves. make sure you-"

"-like and subscribe!" spencer crowed, holding a thumbs up, "goodnight vlog!"

nyla turned the camera off, giving spencer a big hug. it was nice to be with someone she had known for much of her high school life, and spencer was a familiar face, something that nyla had missed after her move to california. 

"it was great to see you, spence," she mumbled into his shoulder. "please call me or something, we need to hang out again."

spencer agreed, and the two said their goodbyes as the walked off to their cars and drove home.