𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄: 𝐓𝐎𝐎 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐄

ONE WEEK LATER

• ★ •

"oh my god, so what did you do after he said he liked you?" avani asked as she stuffed some fries in her mouth.

nyla, avani, and anthony were at nyla's house, eating in-n-out and talking about random shit when nyla decided to finally come clean to avani and anthony and tell them about her and vinnie. 

unsurprisingly, avani and anthony already knew something was going on with the two "enemies" and now they were extremely invested.

"yeah, you can't leave us hanging like that, what did you say?" anthony asked, watching as nyla took a slow sip of water. 

"well, as soon as he told me that he liked me, his phone rang," nyla sighed, stealing a fry from ant's plate.

"and who the fuck was it?" avani asked, almost falling off the sofa. 

"nailea."

the couple in front of nyla groaned, rolling their eyes. 

"so he got up, waved goodbye to me, and literally ran out the door, while he was on the phone with nai!" nyla finished, "and so now it's been a week and neither of us have talked to each other. and i refuse to be the first one to reach out to him."

"are you jealous, bae?" avani said, smirking. "it's so obvious you like him."

nyla rolled her eyes. "no. but i do like his dick. in fact, i think that's the only thing i like about him."

"obviously you like more than his dick if you were able to keep this frenemies with benefits thing going on for months," anthony replied. "i think you like him too."

nyla fell back onto the sofa, chewing on her bottom lip. "no, there weren't supposed to be any feelings between us! vinnie messed everything up like he always does."

"i still think you should go talk to him," avani said, "end things with him or just fuck and make up."

"i don't want to. i would rather stay here and watch tangled. flynn rider is so hot."

"flynn rider is a fictional character. girl, get your ass up and go get your real man!" anthony yelled, throwing a fry at nyla, who caught it. 

"vinnie's not my man, ant."

• ★ •

it was almost midnight when nyla parked her car in front of the hype house. her stomach felt like it was filled with butterflies and she could feel the back of her neck start to get sweaty, the nervous tension in her body getting the best of her.

she got out of her car and walked to the front of the house, ringing the doorbell and hoping someone would answer even though she had shown up uninvited.

maybe this was a mistake. maybe i should just-

to her surprise, nailea opened the door, a smile on her face. "hey, ny!"

nyla grinned back in response, giving the girl a hug. she had nothing against nai, but right now she needed to talk to vinnie and figure shit out.