𝐓𝐄𝐍: 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐌𝐄?

warnings: talk about an abusive relationship

• ★ •

nyla sighed in relief as the boys left her apartment, vinnie shooting her a smirk before he slammed the door shut.

the feeling only lasted for a moment.

what the fuck just happened? did i really just choose spencer over my best friends?

nyla was in deep shit, but she had a meeting to attend, so she pushed her thoughts to the back of the mind and turned her laptop on.

 •

something was wrong. as much as vinnie hated nyla, he was worried. the boyfriend was not good news, and the last thing he wanted was for nyla to get hurt or-

what the fuck? no. i don't give a shit about nyla, let her do her own thing.

but vinnie knew nyla was in deep shit, he just refused to act on impulse. surely kio and troy would figure it out and make her understand her boyfriend was a little bitch.

 •

nyla closed her laptop as her meeting ended and stretched out her arms, looking over at her door as it slowly swung open. 

spencer was standing there, a bouquet of daisies in his hand, an apologetic look on his face. he walked over to her, placing the flowers on her coffee table and pressing a kiss to nyla's forehead. 

"i'm sorry, i was way out of line with your friends today."

nyla nodded, lifting her knees up to her chin, her feet perched at the edge of her couch. and staring at the flowers in front of her.

she liked sunflowers more than daisies.

"i wanna start over with them. maybe meet them for lunch or something?"

nyla closed her eyes, unshed tears trying to escape. "don't worry about it," she whispered, leaning into spencer's shoulder, his face leaning into her hair. "i chose you."

spencer sighed, a small smile on his lips as pulled away, looking down at his girlfriend. "yeah? you choose me?"

nyla nodded again, her arms snaking over spencer's shoulders and giving him a tight hug as she swung one leg over his lap. "please don't leave me."

spencer nodded, "i won't let you leave me, nyla."

 •

"should we have left nyla's place like that?" kio questioned as the three boys sat by the pool, on their phones. "we've never argued like that."

troy sat up, looking at the boy, "she told us to leave, remember? obviously she cares more about spencer. we don't even matter to her anymore"

vinnie turned, staring at the two of them. "are you dumb?"

the boy pursed his lips, wishing the words hasn't left his mouth. troy stared at him, surprised by his sudden outburst, especially since it was about nyla.

vinnie froze, and backtracked. "i, uh- i think troy's right. obviously nyla doesn't care about you guys. j-just forget about her. i told you all she wasn't worth your time."

troy squinted. "so why did you ask me if i was dumb?"

because, you idiot, the problem is the bitch boyfriend, not nyla. she deserves better. she deserves someone like-

vinnie shook his head. "uh, n-nothing," he stuttered. "i just like calling you dumb sometimes."

troy rolled his eyes. "okay well, i gotta get home, but i'll text you later."

kio and vinnie waved goodbye at he walked away, and the black haired boy turned to vinnie. "you like her."

it was vinnie's turn to roll his eyes. "what the fuck are you talking about?"

"you were gonna say something else, weren't you? when you said that troy was dumb. what were you going to say?"

it was silent as vinnie pursed his lips, thinking. "i think her boyfriend's the toxic one and she's just attached to him and will do anything for him. i think he likes knowing that he's got the power over her like that."

kio stiffened. "you think he's hurting nyla?"

vinnie shrugged. "i mean, yeah, at least mentally. i don't know if bitch boy would actually put his hands on her but..." he trailed off.

vinnie's fists closed at the thought of her boyfriend doing something to nyla, but he tried to relax, looking at kio.

"we should go talk to her again," kio said, "i need to make sure she's okay. i know you hate her or whatever but-"

"i'm coming with you," vinnie cut in. "maybe you should call her or something? make sure the bitch boy's not with her. it might make things worse if we just show up."

kio nodded, pulling his phone out, pressing the nyla's contact and calling her, frowning as it went straight to voicemail. he tried again, with the same result. the boy tried texting her, but it bounced back with the "not delivered" notification.

"she's not answering. maybe her phone doesn't have service. i'll just wait for a few minutes."

vinnie nodded, pulling his phone out and scrolling through instagram but stopping when his eyes skimmed through a new tiktokroom post.

tiktokroom: (sent in a lot) looks like #nylaspencer has unfollowed AND blocked all the #sway boys, as well as #troyzarba and more! what do you think is going on? 👀

vinnie silently handed the phone to kio, who scoffed after looking at the post. "it looks like you're wrong, vinnie."

the younger boy bit his lip. why else would nyla just block all of them? he understood her unfollowing him, since all they did was argue and fuck around, but why the other boys?

the only answer was that she had obviously chosen spencer over all of them, even bryce and kio.

"he's not the toxic one, she is. she's leaving us for him." kio finished.

• ★ •

she speaks!

wow nyla ur so mean why would you unfollow ur (now ex)besties 🥱

anyways i hate this chapter

-n

• ★ •