𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐘 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐇𝐄𝐑

warnings: abuse, arguing 

• ★ •

it turned out that nyla could  walk. 

vinnie and nyla got dressed and walked out to the car, vinnie's hand on her lower back until he opened the passenger door for her and helped her inside. 

he sat in the driver's seat and started the car, driving to nyla's apartment. 

"are we ever gonna talk about this?" he asked suddenly, turning to nyla for a second. "we hook up a lot for two people who hate each other."

nyla groaned, rolling her eyes. "no. we're not talking about it. we have bigger problems right now. also, we only hooked up twice. now, what should i tell spencer?"

"i'm sure he's all tired out after fucking that blonde yesterday," vinnie replied, his eyes focused on the road.

nyla swallowed, sitting up straighter in her seat as she willed herself not to cry. 

"ah, shit, princess, i didn't mean it like that, okay? i was just joking around."

nyla sniffed, turned her head towards the window and leaning against it, trying to ignore the tears burning in her eyes. 

don't cry, don't cry, don't cry.

vinnie's hand landed softly on nyla's thigh, and he stopped at a stop sign before turning back to her. "listen to me, you deserve so much better than him, okay? you're gonna be fine. just tell him you were at addison's place last night."

nyla nodded, wiping away the stray tears that had escaped down her cheeks. "i guess you're right."

they had made it to nyla's apartment, and nyla slowly got out of the car, turning to vinnie and giving him a smile before closing the door and heading to her home.

she used the elevator, pressing the 13th floor button, arrived at her front door a few minutes later.

walking inside, she froze, seeing spencer's shoes by the front door, and his bag next to her couch.

oh shit.

"where the hell have you been?" spencer asked, walking out of the kitchen and towards his girlfriend(?). "i called you so many times, and you didn't even answer me?"

"i, uh- i slept over at addi's," nyla lied, moving past spencer and to her room, trying to get into the shower before spencer could smell vinnie's cologne all over her.

spencer was quicker, however, and grabbed nyla's arm, gripping it as tight as he could and pulling her towards him. "i won't ask you again, nyla, where the hell have you been?" 

nyla gulped, looking up at spencer. "i- at addi's house, spence, i swear." 

spencer looked down at her, a mixture of anger and disgust in his eyes. "you're lying, nyla."

"where were you yesterday, spencer?" nyla asked, her voice surprisingly strong. "were you maybe, i don't know, at a skatepark? with a blonde? making out with-"

she felt her a sharp sting on the left side of her cheek, making her stumble back.

spencer had just hit her.

nyla looked at him, "did you just-"

spencer looked shocked, his eyes wide and mouth open as he stuttered out, "i am so sorry, baby, i just got angry and i swear i won't do it again, holy shit, i'm so-"

"get out."

"n- no." spencer replied, crossing his arms. "i'm not leaving you. i promised you i would never leave."