𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗: 𝐅𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄

• ★ •

FLASHBACK, two and a half weeks ago.

vinnie sighed as his phone rang for what felt like the millionth time today. he had just got done with training, showered, and changed into the outfit nyla asked him to wear, but now, liz was blowing up his phone.

he hesitantly answered the phone, pressing the green button and pressing the phone to his ear.

"hey, vinnie, i need your help," kio's voice said, making vinnie frown.

"isn't this liz's phone?"

"yeah, mine's dead and she's drunk as fuck, and i need you to take her home."

"kio, i can't, i'm supposed to go see nyla."

"please, vin, i can't drive and she won't stop asking for you. we're at sway gaming, it's basically on your way to nyla's place."

"no it's not," vinnie grumbled, "it's literally the opposite direction."

"c'mon, vin, do me this favor. i'll owe you one, okay?"

vinnie groaned, running a hand through his hair. it was only six pm, and he had told nyla he would pick her up at seven, so maybe it would all work out.

"fine, kio."

"yes! thank you bro."

vinnie just hung up, throwing his phone to the passenger seat and driving over to sway gaming.

• ★ •

PRESENT TIME, june 12th.

nyla woke up at noon the next morning, her stomach grumbling with hunger. she ordered room service and got out of her bed, taking a quick shower and putting on her robe.

her breakfast, consisting of a chocolate chip croissant, orange juice, and hash browns would've tasted better if she wasn't so nervous for the upcoming evening.

she sent a few texts to all the tiktokers competing, wishing them luck, then called bryce, who answered after the first ring.

"what's up, ny? i'm at the stadium right now."

"sorry, i was just wondering where you were. you feeling okay?"

bryce nodded. "uh, yeah, a little nervous though."

"you'll be fine, b, i promise. just focus on the basics, okay?"

bryce gave the girl a distracted smile, and turned his head to listen to something his manager said.

"are you busy? i'll call you later."

"no, no, it's fine," bryce replied. "they're trying to push a bunch of new rules on us and it's annoying. anyways, your backstage pass is on your drawer, i left it there yesterday. just show it to security and they'll send you in, okay?"

nyla nodded, "okay, i'll see you later okay? tell the boys i said good luck."

bryce waved goodbye and hung up, and nyla called vinnie, who didn't answer. she sighed, wanting to hear his voice, and see his face, but also knowing that he needed to focus for tonight.

the girl got up, heading back to the bathroom to figure out what she was wearing tonight. some of the other girls, like amanda, tana, and emma, had texted her last night, throwing around outfit ideas, but nyla still didn't know what to wear.

after rummaging through her suitcases for a few minutes, nyla pulled out a black dress. it was tight and hugged all her curves, and showed the perfect amount of skin.