Chapter 7.) May 1st

"All you wanted was for everyone to see things from your perspective, but they assumed that you left because she was sick, correct?" Joie asked King. They were back to professional but he couldn't help but wonder what could have been.

"Yeah... I barely talk to my brother-in-law... I know she's sick and I miss tha' hell out of her but damn," he shook his head. "I just wanted a nigga to know what I thought... I had an opportunity... tha' shit was way bigger than me. I had to go... for my sanity... to find myself again... I had to go, so I did."

Joie twisted in the chair as she played with her pen. She couldn't understand how he acted as if nothing happened but then again, that wasn't her problem.

"Do you regret it?" she asked.

"Leaving? Not at all..."

"But you miss her?" she tried to hide her irritation.

"I do... a lot more than usual," he confessed then closed his eyes.

"Why haven't you contacted her yet then? You keep telling me how much you miss her but have yet to reach out. What's stopping you?" she folded her arms and eyed at him.

King stared at her and she threw her hands up. "Don't even put this on me, I didn't do anything."

"So, you ain't suck my dick?" he tried to hide his smirk and she scowled at him.

"I don't recall you stopping me, I remember you enjoying it," she sassed.

"I believe tha' name I called out was Renae," he gave her a look and she placed the pen down.

"Kingston don't fucking play with me."

"Pardon?" he chuckled. "I never asked you to suck my dick... but I took tha' shit and now I can't go back to my wife."

"You knew exactly what was going on! You aren't about to blame me because you couldn't control yourself. You not being able to tame your dick has nothing to do with me," she dismissed him and his brow rose as his head tilted.

He could admit that he enjoyed the blow job but did he honestly believe he was in the right mind to deny it? Not at all.

"Aight... fuck we talking about dat for? You gave me head, I called you Renae... let's drop it," he sighed.

Joie remained quiet and stared out the window as her leg bounced. She was pissed off and embarrassed. Embarrassed because it was clear that his mind and heart still belonged to Renae even when she put on her best performance.

Maybe she needed to kick it up a notch.

"You can go..." she sniffled and he sucked his teeth.

"You finna kick me out over one small argument?"

Ignoring him, she continued with the act, "Just go."

"Mannnnn," he stood and walked towards her. "Maybe I disrespected you by saying dat, but I was just being honest... all I think about when I'm with you is her... I can't help dat."

"Maybe you don't need to see me anymore then," she moved his hand when he touched her arm.

"Word?" he was upset now. Here goes someone else who was supposed to be on his side pushing him away because they couldn't get their way.

Joie caught on and mentally cursed herself. Obviously, he played better than she.

"King wait," she stood and tugged on his arm.

"Nah. It's cool, I was almost done with dis shit anyway," he turned away but she grabbed his shirt and turned him around.

Before he could curse her out, she kissed him.