Chapter 57.) Nuff Luv

It was March the 2nd. Ava's sweet sixteen had come and gone. She didn't do much except host a Bel-Air-themed party at the bowling alley and from there they went to the skating rink. Things were still a little tense with King and Renae and the kids were trying to figure out what they were trying to keep from them. King had asked Karen to come back and she wasted no time moving back inside her room. Karen could sense the tension between King and Renae but convinced herself to stay out of their business unless they wanted advice.

Dajon and King had been hanging out a lot more, which was actually a good thing for King and his emotional state. Spring break was in a few weeks and everyone had a heads up about going back to Jamaica and seemed to be looking forward to it. Kaari invited the guys so they could really see how they lived and also because she felt like bragging about the country. None of that mattered to Daewon though, all he heard was "free trip", and he was down.

It was going on 3 in the afternoon and Ava found herself walking the neighborhood. Just wanting to enjoy the warm weather and clear her head, she was sure to keep her phone on her and the mace that King had to talk her into taking. She was walking around the block but let King tell it, she was going way up Yonder. Sporting an all-black tee with the words Black Heroes Matter printed in white. She paired it with denim distressed shorts, sandals and had her hair pulled back. She had on hoops that were too big in her uncles eyes and Kaari's round sunglasses. Ava was still trying to figure her style out so for now, she was playing around in fashion.

 Ava was still trying to figure her style out so for now, she was playing around in fashion

"Ava?"

Recognizing the voice, Ava turned around and smiled at Yae'Shawn, "Hey, Shawn."

"Wassup? What are you doing out here?" He asked, walking towards her.

"Walking... and thinking," she shrugged, turning forward then glanced at him, "What about you?"

Yae'Shawn slid his hands into his pockets, "Same... sorry I missed your party."

"It's fine, I saved you a gift bag," she said and he smiled.

"How's Des?"

Ava smirked, "Have you spoke to her?"

Yae'Shawn gazed ahead and she snickered, "She's... coming around," she said.

"I try to call her whenever I can but we always missing each other..."

"Mmm," Ava hummed.

"What?" He smirked.

"Nothing... how are you?"

Yae'Shawn shrugged, "I miss your sister."

"Trust me, we all know," she giggled and he sucked his teeth.

"Is it really that obvious?"

Ava nodded quickly, "Since when do you call uncle Kwan? Just stop by," she nudged him.