Chapter 62.) The Deadly Sin

When Renae told King and Dajon to stay away from her, she meant it and whereas King tried to play it off, it bothered Dajon heavily. After all, she was his sister, his best friend at that. They rarely got into intense arguments and the fact that he felt as if he were involved in some weird situation playing against her, made him feel as if he betrayed her.

He tried to go and talk to her after the argument but she walked by him as if he were invisible. He attempted to pull her to the side but that resulted in her fussing him out. Now, Dajon wasn't the sensitive type but his sister not speaking to him had his feelings in shambles.

Not wanting to ruin the rest of the trip for the kids, Renae did her best to keep up the good spirit and got involved with the outings the kids wanted to do. After the argument, she made a promise to herself that she would hold off on the tears as long as she could because it was obvious to her that she was crying over a man who simply did not care.

The point of the trip was to help Reign and bring some peace and fun to the kids, what type of person would she be if she ruined that by moping around? She knew King expected her to be a wreck and she refused to give him that satisfaction. It never made sense before, but once he revealed that the separation papers were fake, she realized that this was some sort of get back.

Could she prove it? Maybe, maybe not. Did she feel the need to prove it? Nope, he gave her the answers she needed when he refused to answer one important question; did he keep going back because he wanted to? Renae loved King, Lord knows she did but she would be a fool to allow him to feel as if him cheating on her was fine. The same way he was ready to jump to conclusions about her messing around with Trouble, showed that if she ever thought about messing with another man, he would go apeshit.

So, why was she required to forgive him so easily when it's clear that he cheated more than twice because he wanted to? If he wanted that to be his ticket out, he could have it. Renae just hated that he fucked with her head and convinced her that Joie manipulated him when it was he who manipulated Renae. But she wasn't mad. Actually, she was but she would take it as an lesson learned and keep it pushing.

She'd give it to him though, he fooled her pretty good. Had her believing that she was really the problem. Had her thinking that she had ruined him but it was clear that he was the fisherman and she was the fish being dangled above water, struggling to breathe. Not anymore. No more cries. No more begging. No more losing her mind. If he thought shit didn't stink elsewhere, she would allow him to explore but would she be waiting on him once he realized what he actually wanted? That was the million-dollar question.

"What you think about dis?" Ava asked her mom as they walked through the Blue Diamond Shopping mall picking up things to take back to the states.

Staring at the purse, Renae twisted her mouth in deep thought, "That specific color doesn't fit your style."

Ava stared at the purse then nodded in agreement, "You're right... it's cute tho."

"You like these?" Renae placed the dark red shades on and posed.

"Definitely," Ava smiled.

"I'll get a pair for you too," Renae replied, placing the items into the basket.

Walking around a bit, Ava found herself stealing glances of her mom. She had an odd feeling to check on her.

"So..." Ava said as she stared at the pretty Jamaica-themed earrings. "How are you?"

Inspecting a few earrings, Renae held the hoops into the air and tried to picture herself wearing them before placing them back. "I'm doing well, Ava," she finally answered.