Chapter 25.)

It must've been hours that have passed when King's body had jerked, scaring him out of his sleep. Looking around the slightly dark bedroom, he went to sit up until he heard Renae whimper. He didn't know why, but he felt like he just had one of the best dreams of his life. It felt good to know that he actually was involved and not just dreaming because Lord knows he's been feigning for her body.

King reached for his phone and pulled Renae's body closer into his as he went ahead to see if he had any missed calls. He had a message from Ava telling him that Kaari had picked her up early to take her out for lunch. Karen sent him a few messages letting him know that she would be in a little late.

He checked his emails, checked his earnings from his businesses then placed his phone down, and turned on his side, wrapping his arms around Renae and nuzzled his face in the crook of her neck. He missed moments like this. Holding her was enough to make him forget about his problems.

They may have bumped heads a few times but she brought him so much peace. He never really knew a love like this until he met her and had no problem with telling anyone that. He loved how hard she fought to stay on this earth and he loved that she realized that he was hurting just as bad as she was.

He loved that she finally acknowledged the fact that he always put her and everyone else before him. She changed for the best and he was happy to be a witness to it. Truth be told, although he presented her with the divorce papers, he was afraid of the two being no more.

He was angry with her and hurt that she made him feel less than what he was worth but he couldn't see himself without her. He fucked up and he learned from his actions.

He never wanted to lose her. He gave up so much and worked so hard to be better for her because he felt as if she deserved the best. He admired everything about her. Her smile. Her beauty. Her laughter. He loved that she was clingy when it came to him. He loved that they could get as nasty as they wanted without judgment because they knew it was something they were both ok with.

She was a Queen. She had flaws but he loved her with her flaws and all. She never judged him for the life he chose and he loved that she was supportive and willing to ride with him.

"Mmm," Renae mumbled then took a deep breath as she stirred a bit.

King tightened his hold on her and felt her body relax. He waited moment to see if she would move again but when she didn't he focused on going back to sleep.

He and Kwan have been talking about coming out of retirement but King wasn't sure if he wanted to. He would admit that he was humble and grateful that the drug business gifted him the benefits to provide for his family and also helped him open a few businesses. But he did miss being out there in the field, making connections, and getting a rush from the drug game.

But it wasn't a game to him or Kwan. It was a lifestyle. Something that they both knew and understood. It was something that they could do in their sleep. But if he wanted to jump back in with Kwan, he wanted them to do it the right way. He wanted to make sure that their family would be safe and more importantly, that they would be safe.

If they were going to do this, King wanted to make sure they stayed ten steps ahead of the Feds, especially since they were out to get King for literally any petty charge. Renae's moving made King lift his head and check on her. Karen called him a few times when he was away and told him about the few nights where she overheard Renae crying for him in her sleep.

"Nae?" he called when she flinched.

Silence.

"Baybeh?"

Silence.

Renae stirred again and King felt her trying to turn around and decided to let her go. Renae turned around and reached out for him and he smiled caressing her face.