Chapter 51.)

"Wah bruv?" Zaire smirked as Kairo side-eyed him. It was the next morning and they were eating breakfast in the dining room until it was time for school. Kairo often got up around the same time as Assyria just to give her a pep talk the same way Ava used to do for him.

"You still crushin' on my sister?"

Zaire grinned and Kairo squinted at him mid-chew.

"Leave her alone."

"Wud yuh fight mi?" Zaire tested.

Putting his fork down, Kairo just stared at him and Zaire chuckled. "Bruv... wi cool."

"I will fight you behind my sister... all of dem," Kairo warned.

"Hmm," Zaire hummed, just wanting to get on his nerves.

"Don't forget I've been boxing since tha' first grade."

"Well," Zaire chuckled, "Wi both can fight...mek wi nuh godeh."

Kairo shrugged, "I'd still beat you up."

"If yuh say," Zaire shrugged as well before picking up his drink.

Renae entered the kitchen with Assyria behind her, ready to start her school day. "Hey, Zay. Morning K.J."

"Morning lil girl, hey mom."

"Boys," Renae gave Kairo a curious look and he only smiled.

"Muma Stone," Zaire said.

"Is your father dropping you two off today?" she asked as she double-checked to make sure Assyria's hair was fine.

"Mi mum iz dis time... pops said he and Uncle D.J and Uncle King are having... lunch or brunch?" he frowned, slightly confused.

"It's brunch," Assyria laughed at the bemused look on his face. "They used to do it all tha' time but stopped."

"Why?"

Before Kairo or Renae could answer, Yanna walked through the door, "Hello my favorite people!"

"Auntie YaYa!" Assyria beamed, running toward her.

"Hey princess! Look at you, lookin' like a Bratz doll!"

Assyria grinned. Grabbing her lunch bag and hugging Renae and Kairo, Assyria headed out and Zaire was right behind her. Yanna and Renae spoke for a bit until it was time for Yanna to go and once the house cleared, Renae sat across from Kairo and just stared at him. Kairo stared at her through the rim of his cup and Renae laughed at how much he favored King at the moment.

"What's on your mind?" he asked, heading into the kitchen to wash his dishes.

"Hmm," Renae hummed as she turned around and watched him for a second, "What's going on with you and Zay?"

Kairo remained quiet for a second then shrugged, "Don't say anything ok?"

Renae nodded.

"He likes Ava."

Renae only stared at him.

"And I have a problem with it," he added.

"Does she like him?"

Kairo twisted his face up in disgust and Renae busted out laughing.

"She is a teenager... but no... he just... I told him I would fight him behind her and I meant it," he confessed.

Renae smiled softly, he was the second youngest but acted so much as if he were the oldest. "Don't be so mad at him, it's harmless. If you ever feel like he's going too far, talk to him about it then bring it up to your uncle, ok?"