Chapter 13.) White Lies

Many years ago

It's been a rough week for not only Kingston but Renae as well. After failing to kill herself, she locked herself inside his guest room for 2 days completely humiliated by the whole ordeal. The only way she spoke to him was if Karen came over and sometimes Bryson.

He's been trying to get her to go back to Church but she refused, a part of her felt embarrassed for what she's done and the other part of her couldn't handle being judged and stared at. He didn't want her to go on the trip with him for the simple fact that he knew she wasn't mentally stable, but she refused to go back home or to stay with his mom.

So here they were.

"This is your house?" Renae asked, looking at the interior design.

"My homeboy hooked me up," King replied as he put his keys on the hook.

"It's nice." she began walking around the corner to check out the bedrooms. He kept it simple, a nice 2 bedroom, with a spacious living room and kitchen area, 2 baths, and a wide backyard.

"Yeah..." he put their stuff down in the corner. He was still pissed off about what happened but he's been trying to keep things cordial. It was 10 at night and they were both exhausted from the long drive.

Sitting down on the couch, he laid back and covered his eyes with his arm.

"Don't touch me right now, Nae," he mumbled when she sat on his lap.

"I tho— ok... I'm sorry," she got up and stared at him somberly. "I'm sorry," she mumbled before walking towards the room.

Shaking his head, King stared up at the ceiling. This thing called life was starting to get the best of him, but in the end, he knew he would come out on top...

"Hey?" Renae called softly as she grabbed King's hand stopping him from walking out the bathroom.

Turning around, he stared at her waiting on her response, and she became nervous. Looking down momentarily, she cleared her throat before looking up at him. "I never meant to hurt... I'm sorry. I'm gonna try harder ok?"

King just stared at her.

"I'm just... I love you... but I'm constantly horny and it hurts me when you don't want to touch me. I've been doing some research and it says that most victims use sex as a coping mechanism... I just... I'm ready to go that route with you but you don't want to," wiping her face, she laughed softly."I don't even know why I'm crying over this... I've never been in love before, but I know I'm in love with you and I also know that I hurt you and I just want you to forgive me. I don't want to fight, I hate not being able to talk to you or have you hold me. I feel safe and loved when I'm with you but w—" stopping, she wiped her face.

"When you're mad at me I feel empty inside, I know I was wrong for taking those pills and I know I hurt you, but I need you, King. I don't want us spending your birthday week here not speaking. I got scared... so I ran," she sniffled.

Standing between her legs, King tilted her chin up and wiped her face, "I love you, Renae, Lord knows I do baybeh, but I can't... I won't stand here and watch you give up on life when I'm here fighting for you and with you."

"I know a—"

"Let me finish," he cut her off.