Chapter 49.) A Second Chance?

In one swift motion, King's fist crashed into Trouble's jaw, causing him to stumble back. Stunned but not ready to lay down just yet, Trouble regained his balance and followed up with a quick blow to the rib cage but was caught by another one of King's powerful haymakers. Tasting the salty blood in his mouth, Trouble knew it was time to fight or run, although he understood King's reaction, the street nigga in him couldn't stand for none.

Blocking King's next face shot, Trouble came from under with a right hook that grazed King's chin, barely causing a reaction. Conflicted, Trouble caught two blows to the face, drawing more blood. With his heart racing wildly in fear, Trouble did the only thing he figured would buy him some time and grabbed King into a bear hug.

"Hands, T'wan," Ace called out, sympathy laced in his voice.

Catching the fight from his window, Kwan found himself standing in the doorway eating a sub without a care in the world. A regular person would have walked over to make sure their friend was ok but Kwan knew King long enough to know, that he could and would kill 50 men by himself without breaking a sweat. To him, Trouble was easy money.

"Y'all just gonna let him kill him? He can barely keep up," a very confused and slightly intrigued Yae'shawn said. He's heard horror stories about King's alter ego 'Yung' and for the first time today, he got to see what all the hype and horror was about.

"Can you just go inside," stressed and defeated, Renae attempted to walk over when King put Trouble in a chokehold but Kwan smoothly shook his head.

Standing back, she watched as Kwan took his time walking over and once he reached King, Ace walked over earning a glare from Kwan.

"He's still my brother," Ace simply replied, pulling a wounded and out of breath Trouble toward him.

"Why in tha' fuck would you bring him here?" there weren't enough words to describe how King was feeling but all that he knew was that he was seeing red, and he wasn't quite done with Trouble's ass yet.

"I need y'all asses to talk... shit, I know he fucked up, I ain't dumb, but damn nigga, we grew up with yo craz-" before Ace could finish his sentence, King's fist collided into his face, knocking him down on his ass.

With his head spinning, mouth leaking blood heavily, Trouble weakly pulled Ace up but regretted it the second Ace snatched away and clocked King right in the jaw.

"Now you know I ain't with dat sucka' shit."

Before King could retaliate, Kwan hit Ace with a quick left blow that caused him to spin before he dropped. Taking that as his cue, King went back for round two and had Trouble pinned against the side of the fence as he boxed him up.

Left. Right. Left. Right. Uppercut. Body blow. Uppercut. Right jab.

No matter how many times Trouble tried to reverse or overpower King, his hits weren't phasing King at all. The beast in him had been awoken and there was only one way to tame it...

"D-daddy?" Ava timidly called, catching all of their attention just as King retrieved his gun from his waistband.

Annoyed, Kwan shoved Ace back and marched toward King, and gripped his shoulder. King's eyes were dark as coal but it wasn't just full of rage, there was a hint of hurt lingering and that seemed to have given a battered Trouble some hope.

"Mommy?" Ava stared at Renae.

Unable to look her in the eyes, Renae gave herself a mini pep talk before she walked over and took the gun from King's bloody hand. "Look at Ava," she whispered.

"Take dem inside," King's voice was rid of emotion as he took the gun from Renae and smacked Trouble upside the head with it.

"Daddy!" Ava screamed, attempting to run over but Yae'Shawn grabbed her when Kwan glared at him.