Chapter 23.)

After making it to Renae and King's house, Dante and Laiya headed upstairs with the rest of the kids while King and Renae sat in the living room with Dajon and Ary. Renae was annoyed as hell. She was tryna get her nasty on with King when Ary called her talking crazy. Renae could barely make out what her ass was saying except for the I'm about to go to fuckin jail! That's the only thing she understood and knew it had Dajon written all over it.

King wanted no parts in their feud. Hell, he figured he was the last person that needed to be giving marriage advice but shit, Renae was pissed off and his dick was slighted as well.

"So what is going on with you?" Renae stared at Dajon and he glanced at Ary who just stared at the tv. She was over him and had no intentions of being there but Renae made her come.

"I went to pick Laiya up," he shrugged and Renae stared a hole in his face.

"Scratch all that," she slid forward some. "You're becoming a little too friendly with your ex and you're acting as if there's nothing wrong with that. Your wife voiced her frustrations to you how many times? And you're acting as if she's overreacting. She shouldn't have to keep telling you what the issues are when you should already know. Eve continually disrespects her and for some reason, you find your wife at fault. How does that work?"

Dajon glanced at Ary then at King and King cleared his throat awkwardly. He had no intentions of trying to help and Dajon should have known.

"Can we talk alone?" He asked.

"Nope," Renae pursed her lips. "You disrespect her in public, so apologize in public."

"Je ne veux pas d'excuses," Ary mumbled.

King caught that all too familiar look in her eyes and sighed; he had a choice to speak up or let things happen. But Dajon was his little brother, he was fucking up.

"Maybe it's ti—"

"Look," King cut Ary off. "Dajon I love you to death, but you startin' to act like me."

Dajon's brows furrowed and he chuckled, "Nigga what?"

"Stop entertaining dat broad. She's using Lay as leverage which she has no legal right to because she's your sister... yo pops kid. Second, she may not even want you back but tha' fact dat she knows her being around you will piss Ary off, she'll keep doing tha' shit. You need to be a man about dis shit and cut ties with her before you lose your wife and kid," King stared at Ary for a moment.

"I apologize for not being around to knock some sense into him. I got love for you and you shouldn't feel as if you can't come to me for help or advice. I know you and Yanna were on lil mama's side with everything going on and I wanted to let you know dat I appreciate how hard you went for her. Do I think Dajon is creeping with Eve or have feelings for her? Nah. But I think his ass is ignoring some slick shit she's doing for whatever reason," he shifted his eyes to Dajon. "Cut dat shit out and understand what tha' hell you got before dat shit is gone."

The living room remained quiet for a moment as everyone sat in their thoughts. King didn't want to say anything because he still felt guilty about his situation, but the same look that Ary had was the same Renae had when he told her what he allowed Joie to do. Dajon was a lone sheep heading towards a den of wolves. He was either going to turn back and run or push forward and meet his fate before his time.

King needed him to understand that Ary was ready to leave his ass in the dust. She wasn't like Renae; she'd end things with no means to fight. Renae would be angry but still, hold on. Ary would be angry and end things with no hesitation. It was as if Kwan was the only one in the bunch with the most sense in all the chaos. He minded his business but still told King about himself in a respectful way. King had a little slip up here and there and he still stayed out of the way all the while keeping his family together.