Chapter 53.)

Thirty-two-year-old Joie Tate has been found dead inside of her cell. Authorities are unsure of the cause of death but are leading between a faux suicide and murder. She was found with a sheet around her neck, needle marks in her arms, and an empty bag of pills under the bed. Joie was arrested for conspiracy to harm a minor and the minor's sister. We were told that she was arrested for abuse of power and using her career as a means to break up quite a few marriages. With reports that we were given and the victims that have reached out after hearing about her arrest, the unethical and illicit acts that she has performed have been calculated to ten other men plus the last one she preyed on until things were handled under certain circumstances. Joie has been a couples therapist for n-- cutting the tv off Ary shook her head and took a deep breath.

"Putain de salope," she mumbled before laying back.

Staring up at the ceiling, she took a few meditated breaths as she tried to process and understand how she was supposed to feel. She still couldn't believe that King had allowed himself to become so vulnerable to the point that he allowed her to get close enough to get intimate. But then again, she wasn't his wife but as someone, she looked to as an older brother, she would admit that he disappointed her.

But then, the more she thought about it and the distasteful situation, she didn't feel bad for Joie being killed at all. She knew that Renae had people in prison waiting on her arrival and although she thought Renae would be the one to officially put Joie down especially after what she learned regarding Ava, she was shocked to hear that Joie survived the many gun wounds Renae let off inside her.

Then there was her situation, never in a million years did she ever think that she would get caught in a predicament where she felt as if she was constantly fighting the other woman off because of her husband's ignorance. But then she wasn't sure if she should call it ignorance but moreso stupidity and disrespect. She had no idea how many times she had to tell Dajon and warn him about his sneaky ass just waiting for an opportunity to slither through the cracks. Did he listen or take heed to her feelings? Not at all.

Were there times where she felt like just walking away from the marriage or parting for a moment to teach him a lesson? Of course, but the thought of that made her feel selfish even though her feelings were valid. She understood that Eve was his ex and they were each other's first love but once those ties were cut, Ary expected it to stay that way. But it just couldn't seem to happen, knowing that they would be stuck with Eve in the shadows because of Laiya. Yeah, Renae put a good hurting on Eve as did Ary, but Ary knew that just like previous times, Eve would find her way back around and if Dajon didn't play his hand right when it was time to then she would just have to walk away.

It would hurt, Lord knows it would but if he couldn't get it together and start remembering who he married, she wouldn't waste her breath trying to remind him. She spent years doing that and she had no space for any extra. If Dajon knew what was good for him, he'd remember that Ary was just like a taaffeite; a rare gem that was hard to find and hold onto. But once it was gone... it was gone.

***

"Sooo," Ava grinned, joining King inside of the living room with her laptop.

"Soooo," King mocked and she chuckled.

"Did you see the news?"

King cut his eyes at her but didn't reply and she smirked, "I bet you somebody killed her."

"What were you doing watching dat?"

"Kar sent me the link," she shrugged.

Shaking his head, King picked up his iPad and Ava watched him for a bit as he clicked and scrolled as if he were old. After laughing at the many confused faces he made, she leaned over a bit to get a better view of what he was up to.