Chapter 46.)

"What should we do?" Yanna asked Kwan as they laid in bed staring at the moon. She finally mentioned Zaire taking a liking to Ava and wanted to see where his mind was at.

"It'll pass," he casually replied.

"It'll pass?" she repeated then frowned, "That's all you have to say?"

"Prince is ten... he'll get older and look elsewhere."

Yanna chuckled. She was dumbfounded. "Did you not hear anything that I said?"

"Mi eva deh listening fi yuh, mi nuh see a threat forming either... relax," he told her.

Yanna turned on her side and stared at him for a moment then squinted, "You knew about this didn't you?"

"It'z mi job," he shrugged then chuckled when she shoved him.

"You could have at least told me... got me here hoping that he doesn't try and bust a move on his supposed-to-be cousin."

Kwan smirked, "Yuh worry too much. He knows better... he'll crush fram a distance until it disappears."

"How are you so sure?" she tested.

"He's mi son," he stared at her.

"Whatever," she laid back and went back to staring at the moon.

Kwan's phone began vibrating and he rolled over and picked it up. Staring at Dajon's contact for a second, he took a moment to not think the worst before he answered. "Hello?"

"Don't have no heart attack or no shit like that but I was calling to let you know that Ray is up... King and Renae are the only ones allowed at the hospital but I figured I deliver some good news," Dajon said and Kwan sat up.

"No problems?"

"Not that I was told... let A know, I'm sure she eavesdropping like Millz ass is," Dajon said and the men shared a laugh.

"I will, get some rest bruv," Kwan replied.

"You too," Dajon said.

Putting his phone down, Kwan ran his hands down his face a few times before he laid back and closed his eyes. His heart felt lighter as did his shoulders. He was so used to everyone seeing him as this hotheaded Jamaican, that barely showed emotions, he frequently kept his feelings to himself.

He loved kids; that was clear as day, but just like Ava, the twins had a special place in his heart. They were the reason he wanted to help change King's lifestyle and they were also the reason he worked so hard at fixing himself for Yanna. They weren't his kids, but he loved them as if they were. . .

Young Reign

"I still don't get why we're sitting here allowing our kids to learn how to kill someone with their bare hands," Renae whispered to King as they watched the twins train with Layton.

"Why not?" King shrugged.

"What if they go to school wanting to try out their new moves?"

King chuckled.

"I'm serious," she frowned.

"You always are," he said as he stood.

"You hungry?" He asked.

"Maybe," she folded her arms and he smirked.

"You mad?"

"Nope," she diverted her focus to the girls.

Chuckling, King leaned down and placed his hand on her thigh, "Can you beat me?"