Chapter 61.) Is This Love?

It's been two days and although the rest of the family was adjusting to the vacation, King and Renae were officially avoiding and ignoring each other. If she knew he was up and around everyone, she'd stay in the room. If he knew she was somewhere with Dajon or the kids, he'd go out in the back and walk the beach or disappear to Kwan's and Yanna's place. The only person who knew about the fight between the two was Kairo and he made it his mission not to say anything, realizing that his parents marital issues seemed to stem from a lot more than just a year's worth of arguments.

To Kairo, it seemed as if King had a lot of unspoken words he never said from years back that he should have put out there before they even exchanged vows. There was no way that their issues came just from Reign's attempted suicide and her revelations to King. Kairo was convinced that his parents should have gone to counseling way before they even thought to get married.

While everyone was moving about the kitchen and living room, Dajon had dipped out and asked King to meet him by the pool while he went to get Renae. He was growing tired of the awkwardness between the two and with King barely telling him how things were going, Dajon was starting to see that shit seemed to have taken a turn for the worst in his absence.

"Meet me outside real quick," he stuck his head inside the room.

"I'm writing," Renae held up her journal.

Sucking his teeth, Dajon opened the door wider, "Bring yo ass... please."

"Did you forget I'm older?" she stared at him and he smirked.

"No comment on that, just get up, we got plans to ride ATVs later and if I miss it, we gon' fight."

Sighing, she placed her journal under her pillow and slid off the bed. Sliding her feet into her hot pink, furry slippers, she followed out behind him.

"You let Ava wear crop tops?" he asked, just wanting to ease the tension before they made it to King.

"She's sixteen and we're on vacation," Renae answered.

"Just asking," he chuckled, glancing over at her.

"You asked cause yo ass nervous, Ary told me how you and Kwan been acting, you better leave my baby alone."

"A'ight," he smirked, "I 'ont want no smoke."

"Mmm-hmm," she hummed, walking through the hall leading to the backyard.

Soon as they stepped out and she laid eyes on King, Renae tried to go back inside but Dajon stood in front of her and pointed to the pool chair, "Have a seat."

"Dajon, I love you but this is one situation I need you to stay out of," she tried to move around him but he blocked her path.

"Sit down... I got some stuff to say," he nodded toward the chair.

Taking a deep breath, Renae turned on her heels and sat at the furthest chair from King. Dajon looked between the two then sat in the middle chair and glanced over at King then his sister. Realizing that neither was going to speak, he laughed to himself.

And they wonder why they argue, shaking his head, he sat up and stared at King, "You wanna start first?"

King shrugged.

"Words, nigga," Dajon said.

Sucking his teeth, King cleared his throat and leaned forward, "She can speak."

Annoyed, Dajon turned to his sister and rose a brow, "So?"

Renae stared at the pool for a moment as she tried to mentally figure out how to express herself without crying. She was done with the tears and just wanted to get one sentence out without breaking down.