Chapter 17.) Nice to Meet You...

After King's and Renae's argument, he returned downstairs and went to collect Kairo and Assyria just as Reign and Yae'Shawn were walking through the door. Just like any other event, she was late. Ava stared at King for a moment as she tried to get a read on his energy; something was a little different about him from the time he went upstairs to now.

"Kairo come here."

Before he could even think to make a face, Ava glared at him. Sighing, he handed Zaire the batman toy and stood. King stared at Assyria and she stood as well. The adults stood in the back watching silently as they mentally rooted for King. They've been wondering how long it would take him to put a stop to the nonsense, or as Karen called it; disrespect.

"You," King stared at Kaari then looked around until his eyes landed on Reign. "You too," his eyes scanned a bit more before settling on Ava and she smirked.

"I'm ok," she assured.

Nodding, King headed towards the back with his little ones following. Once inside Karen's room, he motioned for them to sit while he stood by the door and slid his hands into his pockets. Before he left, he wanted to set a few things straight with his kids and remind them who the parent and provider was.

Kaari glanced at Reign for a hint of what was going on. She thought everything was fine, hell, she walked in the house and spoke to everyone, including her father, so she was confused as to why she was in there.

Before King could open his mouth, there was a knock on the door. Staring at his kids, he turned around and cracked the door, ready to curse whoever it was on the other side out until his eyes met Renae's.

"Hey... can I come in?"

Stepping back, he let her in and went to shut the door until Ava slid in. Trying not to laugh, she stood next to him and King squinted at her making her laugh.

Renae stood on the other side of him and looked at her kids before her eyes settled on Kairo; he was the angriest. "Kairo?"

"What'd I do?" he frowned and Kaari snickered; that was always a guilty's person first question.

Renae just shook her head. "It's what you haven't been doing... speaking to your father."

"Mmm," Kaari wiggled her finger then frowned when Reign smacked her upside her head.

Kairo stared at the twins then at Renae before staring at King, "You hurt my feelings."

King's brows creased in confusion as he stared at him. How the hell did he hurt his feelings when they were the ones ignoring him?

"You don't think you did anything wrong by ignoring him? How did your father hurt your feelings when you were the one constantly ignoring him?" Renae folded her arms.

Kairo stared at her for a moment then looked down, she had a point.

"Think on that then get back to me," she said before looking at a nervous Assyria.

Renae couldn't do anything but laugh, poor baby was just following the leader. "Sy..."

"I know, I know... and I'm sorry... sorry for being mean to you, Daddy," she stared at King.

King nodded.

"And... my oldest..." Renae stared at the twins.

Kaari sucked her teeth and threw her hands up, "I ain't doing anyting ask him," she pointed to King. He tried to keep a straight face but a chuckle slipped out.

"Did she?" Renae turned towards King.

Staring at Kaari for a bit, he squinted and she grinned. "We good," he said.