Chapter 21.)

"I'm cancer-free?" Renae finally spoke.

"YES!" Ary cheered. She may have been more excited than Renae.

"I don't know- are you serious?"

"Yes," the Oncologist nodded.

"Renae?" Ary stared at her worriedly.

"Ren- oh... ok," the Oncologist chuckled when Renae hugged him.

"Thank you... thank you," she began to cry as she hugged him tighter.

"Would you like to ring the bell?" he asked after stepping back.

Nodding, Renae wiped at her eyes and extended her hand to Ary. She was visibly shaking and Ary could feel her emotions. She was proud of her sister and even more proud that she had finally found her strength and reason to live. . .

After receiving the good news, Ary decided to treat Renae to breakfast and Renae happily accepted.

"Do you think I'm overreacting?" Ary asked Renae. They were resuming the conversation about her and Dajon getting into it over Eve.

"I don't believe so. You're sweet and keep to yourself. When you two first met, all he wanted to do was protect you. I think it's pretty fucked up that he doesn't feel as if Eve is purposely picking on you. I think you should talk to him about this though," Renae told her as she cut her steak up.

"That's the thing... we argue about it each time I bring it up. His excuse is Laiya... I understand that she is you guy's little sister, but that still doesn't give him the right to ignore the disrespect. The girl was calling his damn phone late at night. What the hell does she have to talk to him about at two and three in the morning?"

Renae shook her head. She saw this coming a few years ago.

Ary stared at her plate then sighed deeply, "I can't keep fighting with my husband to listen and take my feelings into consideration when all he'll ever see me as is wrong."

"Before you even say anything else... take it from me, sit him down and make him listen to you. If you have to threaten to keep your distance until he can get his shit together then do that... but don't even verbalize the thoughts you're having right now. Been there, done that... not going back," Renae shook her head.

"I hear you... are you happy about your hair growing back?"

"Yeah... but I kinda fell in love with this short cut... should I keep it this way?"Renae asked and Ary stared at it for a while then nodded.

"I love it on you, but I'm not your man," Ary wiggled her brows and Renae blushed. "I'm sure he likes the new style... it screams freak."

Renae busted out laughing.

"I'm just saying tho... how long do you plan on keeping up with this game? Now that you two got yo freak on, I figured you guys would be shackin' up again," she added.

"I like the game and I think King likes it as well... I don't know, but I'm enjoying getting to know him all over again and I like that I can see him re-falling in love with me," Renae admitted.

"So you're going to continue with this until when?"

Renae shrugged, "Until we both decide that we should stop. I'm not sure..."

"Are you scared that things will go back to what it was before if you put a stop to it?"

"No," Renae said. "I like us like this... I don't know how to explain it to you, but the way we are now... I think only we will understand it."