1. New Life

Draco Apparated into the golden gate of his white manor. He entered the house through the lavish looking entrance, sighing. He took off his leather shoes before taking off the coat he was wearing. He went straight to the kitchen as the manor is quiet. His mother was probably resting upstairs.

Draco took out his wand, opening the refrigerator from the island granite countertops. He found the jug filled with the mango juice his mother made. He smiled.

"Accio jug"

The jug flew to the countertop. Draco summoned a glass from the shelf using his wand before pouring the juice into the glass in a Muggle way. He looked at the Daily Prophet lying on the top. He read all the news. Nothing interesting, except..

Lucius Malfoy: Answering Questions from Minister Kingsley Shacklebolt

Draco sighed before putting away the Daily Prophet newspaper. He should have read The Quibbler, instead. Well, though most of them are nonsense, at least, there won't be any news about his father everywhere in every pages.

"Master Draco! You're home"

Draco almost spilled the juice he was drinking out of shock. How was he supposed to react when his house-elf suddenly Apparated in front of him while he was relaxing? Draco put down his glass, looking at Winky angrily. He raised his wand but put it back onto the top as he saw Winky's scared look.

"Winky is sorry, Master. Winky didn't mean to make Master angry"

"Never mind. What do you want, Winky?"

"Winky is not supposed to tell Master this, but Winky is worried. Mistress Narcissa said she doesn't want Master to know"

"Just tell me already. I'm tired"

Winky looks hesitating for a while. Draco stared down at the house-elf, waiting for her to give the answer. What was the thing his mother doesn't want to tell him? Winky took a deep breath before meeting Draco in his eyes.

"Mistress Narcissa was coughing blood 2 hours ago"

"WHAT?! HOW DARE YOU KEEP THIS FROM ME, YOU FILTHY LITTLE ELF?!"

Draco's angry voice conquered the quiet manor. Winky flinched at the voice of her master. Draco kicked away Winky mercilessly, heading upstairs. Winky followed Draco's steps from the back, hoping for him to not go bursting his anger in front of his sick mother. Winky winced, feeling the pain at her shoulder. It must be from Draco's kick.

"Mother!"

"Son.."

Draco's stoned face softened looking at his mother calling him weakly from her bed. He ran into his mother's arms, hugging her tightly. Draco cried looking at the pale Narcissa. He can't believe the woman who took care of him, who gave birth to him was sick now. He can't live his life without her.

"Mother, are you okay?"

"What's wrong, son? It's just few hours since you went away"

"Mother! Winky told me you were coughing blood! You had no idea how worried I was"

A tear fell from Draco's eyelids. Narcissa caressed her son's platinum blonde hair, her light brown eyes bore into Draco's grey ones. It was really rare for Draco to cry. He might seem like the biggest bully during his years in Hogwarts, but not for Narcissa. Draco is like a baby, fragile, she can't imagine what will happen to Draco once she left this world.

"I'm fine, son. It's nothing to be worried about"

"No. Don't say you're fine, mother. You were totally dying!"

"Do you want to see me die, son?"

Narcissa caressed Draco's cheeks. His tears fell harder, showing how much love he has for his one and only mother. The woman who had always be by his side since the day he was born to this evil world. Draco fell into Narcissa's arms, crying louder. Narcissa patted her son's back.

"We have to go to St. Mungo. I can't stand seeing you in pain"

"It's okay. I don't want to go to the hospital. I don't want those treatments"

"Mother, why?" Draco, once again, at the verge of crying.

"I don't want to die. Not until I get to see you get married, having a beautiful wife and beautiful children. That would be the happiest thing in my whole life. To see my son's real smile again"

Narcissa put on her weak smile. The reality hit Draco. He's 24 right now and he knew, sooner or later, Narcissa will talk about this. But, he didn't expect it to be this soon.

Draco held Narcissa's hands, admiring his mother's beauty. She's the most beautiful person in Draco's life, she's the most caring woman, she's the most fearless woman he had ever has in his life. Narcissa means everything to Draco. He can't lose his mother.

"Can I at least bring you to St Mungo's? Just to get some meds? Please, mother?"

"No need, son. My meds are still here. Anyway, don't forget to apologize to Winky. It must be painful to receive a kick from you"

Draco widened his eyes. His mother really can see everything. Did she possess something like Mad-Eye Moody's magical eye? Mothers are so powerful. Draco smiled, looking at his mother. He kissed the old woman's forehead.

"Living here with Muggles is hard, mother"

"I know. Wait here"

Narcissa opened her drawer, reaching for her wand. She looked around, as if looking for something. She raised her wand, leaving Draco in confusion. He looked at his mother.

"Accio drawing"

Narcissa used the summoning charm. A roll of parchment came to her. Narcissa took it and gave it to her son. Draco seemed confused until he unroll the parchment. He gasped in shock.

"Mother, my drawing.."

Narcissa smiled and nodded a little. Draco looked at the old parchment. It's a drawing he made when he was 6. His father with the Dark Mark on his left arm, holding his mother's hands. His mother holding little him in her arms. The 3 are laughing in the drawing he made. Draco sighed.

All he wanted was a loving and happy family.

"Let's start a new life here, okay?"

*******

Eyyo! I'm back with another book! This is 100% based on my own ideas, I've been planning to write this for who knows how many long times. Finally, the first chapter is gonna be released!

This is also my first Dramione book! Also, if you don't ship Dramione, you might as well leave this book. I seriously won't hesitate to make a report if I found any offensive comments.

PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME!

I hope everyone is having a good day. Enjoy the first chapter of Soulmates! Please give this book millions of supports! I love you all!