10. The Truth

A soft knock could be heard from the door.

"Come in"

Draco sat on the bed. The door opened, revealing Hermione. Both of them didn't like the idea of sleeping in the same room. Draco sighed before walking up towards Hermione. Hermione stood awkwardly in front of him.

"You can have the bed, I'll take the couch"

"Uh.. thanks?"

Draco just nodded before walking to the balcony. Hermione sat on the bed. The mattress is so soft and comfortable. She looked around, looking for something.

"Malfoy, I don't think I have any extra clothes to wear"

Draco headed to his closet and took out a black shirt and a short for Hermione to wear. She thanked him before walking into the lavatory. She changed into the shirt that almost cover all of her thighs and removed her makeup. She looked at the scar on her arm.

She took the cloth in her bag and wrapped it there. At least Draco won't see it and it won't remind him of the past. Hermione walked out from the lavatory, heading to the balcony and sat next to Draco.

"Can I ask you something?"

Draco broke the silence. Hermione nodded. They both remained silent for few minutes. Draco looked at Hermione, his eyes fell to her wrapped arm. She was hiding the scar just like him hiding the Mark. He looked at her face.

"Did it hurt? When my aunt carved it into your skin?"

Hermione's face changed. She wasn't prepared to any conversation related to the scar. Draco took her arm and unwrapped the cloth from it. The scar written Mudblood was clear and red, as if it just bleed yesterday. Draco tried to take a closer look before Hermione pulled her arm back. She tried to wrap it but Draco stopped her.

"What are you doing?"

"Don't wrap it. And.. I'm sorry"

"For what?"

"If it wasn't because of me, you won't get this. You don't deserve this"

Draco sighed, he sounded so sad. Hermione looked at him, concerned. She could see the guilt overwhelming him through his eyes. She took his arm and unwrapped the cloth, revealing his Dark Mark. Draco seemed shock but he didn't let Hermione stop.

"Draco, if you think getting this scar is hurting, then it broke my heart when I knew you were a Death Eater"

Draco looked into Hermione's eyes in disbelief. Did she just say it broke her heart knowing that he joined the dark side? Draco took his wand and casted a spell to heal Hermione's scar. He sighed when the scar didn't disappear.

"What are you doing?"

"It hurt me to see you get that scar, Hermione. You don't deserve it"

"But you called me Mudblood when we were in school"

"I know, and I realized how horrible I was. Maybe.. if maybe I realized it sooner, no one would think of me as a disgrace. No one would hate me.."

Draco began to cry. He never showed his feelings to anyone, except for his mother. He learned how to hide everything from Professor Snape himself. But, at times, he felt so useless that he need to use the Silencing Charm around his room to make sure no one hear him screaming and crying the whole night.

Hermione pulled Draco into her hug, looking at his Dark Mark. He tried to take it off, but it seemed like he failed several times. Hermione tightened her hug, comforting him. He seemed so fragile right now. The Draco who was known as the biggest bully in their school was actually a weak and lost boy who had no choice back then.

"Draco, look at me"

Draco looked up, facing the lady who he used to bully in the past. Hermione wiped away his tears and held his hands with a comforting warm smile. Draco forced himself to smile despite on thinking how horrible he was towards Hermione back then.

"I'm here for you, so does your mother. If you want to cry, cry. Cry your heart out. There's nothing wrong about letting go of all the things that have been haunting you for years. I lost my parents without them remembering me, Draco. I might not know you well in school, but I don't think it's a bad idea to get to know you better right? Please let me help you bring back that smile of yours"

Draco looked at Hermione, feeling touched. Never once in his lifetime he thought someone would care about him like this. He was a mess back then. He was struggling with all the pain back then. He was cruel to everyone back then.

But he knew, he never meant to do all those.

"I remembered, Draco. I remembered you teasing Harry on our third year about dementors. But, the smile vanished from you on sixth year. You looked so sick and stressed that year. I saw it, Draco. When Harry accused you of being a Death Eater, I defended you. I saw you. I knew you won't do it. But, maybe I was putting too much hope. You ended up to be someone like them"

"No, please. I was forced, Hermione. I never wanted to do it. I never meant to kill Dumbledore. I have to kill him. Or else, you would probably see my grave today. But I failed. I could never hurt people, no, I could never kill innocent lives. I was scared, I had no choice"

Draco looked at Hermione, hoping her to believe in his words. He couldn't lie to anyone anymore, he's sick of all these feelings torturing him for years. He wanted to get rid of all this dark past. Hermione looked at Draco, giving a warm smile. She messed with his hair.

"I trust you, Draco. I knew you never meant any of the pain"

Hermione looked at him with trust. Draco mouthed a thank you and smiled back to her. They remained silent, grey orbs meeting the brown orbs. Draco came closer and grabbed Hermione's waist, leaning down for a kiss.

Hermione wrapped her arms around Draco's neck, kissing him back. She felt butterflies as their lips moved in sync. Draco tightened the hug, didn't have any intention of breaking the kiss. Hermione gasped, letting Draco slipped his tongue into her mouth. The kiss was sweet, hot and passionate.

They broke the kiss due to the lack of oxygen before kissing each other again. That night, the moon and stars witnessed the sweetest and most passionate kiss by Draco Lucius Malfoy and Hermione Jean Granger.

******

That escalated quickly isn't it?

I wrote this while watching Half-blood Prince just now. Yeah, quick one because I couldn't think of any good idea. Anyway, New Year is approaching, what are you guys wishing for?

Noted,
PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME!

I'm gonna try to update a special chapter to celebrate New Year. I am really excited to greet 2021. I hope it's gonna be better than 2020.

Page 366 of 366, thank you for all the lessons.

I hope everyone is doing fine. Please take care of your health. Stay safe everyone. Have a nice day/night everyone!