14. The Request

"Mother, please be strong. I already told Granger to come!"

Draco shouted, panicking. Narcissa looked so weak, her hands and feet were cold, her body and forehead were burning hot and she looked so pale like a dead person. Draco started to cry while holding his mother's small body in his arms.

"Master, Ms Granger is here!"

Winky collapsed in front of Narcissa's room. Draco nodded, asking Winky to get Hermione upstairs. He couldn't leave his mother with the elf when she's obviously dying. He's not ready yet to lose the woman he loved the most. The only family he has.

"Granger!"

"Malfoy, what's happening?"

Hermione looked shock as she saw the pale Narcissa lying down with Draco holding her. She was trying to breath. Hermione looked around, the woman was fine the other day. She walked to the bed and looked at Draco.

"She's been cursed"

"What? What do you mean?"

"Someone cursed your mother!"

Draco looked hopeless, thinking his mother was in the verge of dying. He started to cry. Narcissa looked at her son, asking him to leave the room. Draco shook his head, refusing. Narcissa gave him a look saying it's an order. Draco wiped away his tears before leaving Hermione and Narcissa in the room.

"Ma'am, I'll try my best to heal you"

"Hermione.."

Narcissa called her in a whispering tone, showing how weak she was at the very moment. Hermione was in the verge of tears. She's never seen someone being cursed to this state. The one who sent this curse surely wanted Narcissa to die. Hermione took out her wand.

"Ms Granger, can I ask something from you?"

Narcissa struggled to get the air. Hermione tried to fine anything in her bag that could heal Narcissa and break the curse. She can't focus on what Narcissa was saying because that woman was literally dying! She can't let anyone die at this moment.

"Ma'am, we'll talk about that later. I need to heal you"

Hermione drew out her wand and started muttering something to break the strong curse. She needed to do for few times because the curse was too strong. A dark wizard produced the curse. It took few minutes for Narcissa to heal. Hermione heaved a relieved sigh as Narcissa's body temperature became normal.

"You're safe. I'm going to get Draco"

"No, it's okay. I want to ask you something"

"Oh, okay"

Narcissa gave a weak smile to Hermione. Hermione helped Narcissa to seat on the bed as her condition was still weak. She drew out her wand and took the glass at the bedside table.

"Aguamenti"

Water filled the glass Hermione was holding. She handed the glass to Narcissa, letting her drink the liquid. She smiled as she saw Narcissa looked slightly better. Narcissa asked Hermione to sit on the bed.

"What do you think of Draco?"

"Yes? Oh, he's a good person. Sometimes I feel happy but there are also times I'm angry and annoyed with him. But, he was always there whenever I need him, I think"

"Can I ask you a favor?"

"What is it, ma'am?"

"Ms Granger, I want you to marry my son"

It was dead silent in the room. Hermione was lost of words. She didn't know what to say. It was too sudden. She was talking about Draco to Ginny few minutes ago and now, Narcissa wanted her as her daughter-in-law.

"I.. I don't know. What will Draco say? Most importantly, will Mr Malfoy like me?"

Narcissa held Hermione's hands.

"You don't have to worry about my husband. About Draco, I will do my best to make him agree. How about you, Ms Granger? Will you be my son's wife?"

Hermione sealed her mouth. She didn't know what to say. Never once in her lifetime she would've have thought of being a part of the Malfoy tree. Thinking of it made her feel scared. She's a Muggle while they're all Pureblood. She looked at Narcissa for a few seconds. The woman gave her a sign to call Draco. Hermione nodded before leaving the room.

She walked downstairs and saw Draco in the kitchen. He was sitting at the counter, crying hard while drinking the tequila. Hermione approached him, calming him down. She hugged him tightly. She didn't know why but it pained her to see Draco in such a devastated state.

"Draco, your mother's looking for you"

"Is.. is she alive?"

Hermione nodded. "Alive and fine. A dark wizard sent that curse. I believe he or she got bad intentions towards you and your mother"

"Thanks, Hermione. Without you, I would've lost mother"

Hermione smiled warmly. Both of them walked together upstairs. Hermione let Draco entered Narcissa's room first before following him from the back. Draco ran to Narcissa and pulled her into his arms, crying. Hermione held herself from crying. Draco's love for his mother was so pure.

"Mother, I thought I'm gonna lose you"

"I'm fine, Draco. Stop crying"

Narcissa smiled to Draco and wiped away his tears. She invited Hermione to sit on the bed with them. Hermione smiled looking at both of them. She knew what's Narcissa going to say, but she decided to keep it down. She didn't want to give another shock to Draco. He had enough shock just now.

"Draco, do you love me?"

"Of course, mother. I'll always love you, you're my mother"

"Will you still love me when I die?"

"Mother, what are you saying? I love you, I don't want you to die"

"I'm getting older, son. Sooner or later, I will fall sick and only waiting for death to take me. Will you do what I want you to do?"

Draco held back his tears. He can't believe his mother talked about death at this moment. He didn't want to lose her. Hermione looked at the two, holding back her tears. She missed both of her dead parents a lot. Narcissa took a quick look at Hermione before looking at Draco back.

"Will you do what I want you to do?"

"Yes mother. I will do it, but please.. please don't die. I can't live without you"

Narcissa smiled. "Marry Hermione, son"

Once again, silence filled the room. Draco's eyes met Hermione's. There was a glint of hesitation in his eyes. It seemed like he lost all his words. Draco took a few minutes to think. This is for his mother. He can't lose her again. Knowing her being cursed for the millionth times is enough.

"I will, mother"

******
Can't wait for Dramione wedding hehe!

Hope all of you are safe! Please take care of yourselves!

PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME!

Hope all of you are having a good day/night! I love you!