6. Real Friends

Hermione Apparated to a very familiar place. She smiled looking at the big house in front of her. It's been a while since she last come here. Since.. she left the wizarding world.

Grimmauld Place, Number 12

It's a wizard house. Well, owned by the Black family previously. Harry and Ginny lived here. Hermione walked to the door and knocked it. The door opened by itself, leading Hermione into a dark hallway.

"Harry, Ginevra?"

Hermione walked down the hallway, finding Harry and Ginny baking some cookies in the kitchen. The newlyweds looked up and smiled excitedly. Ginny ran to hug Hermione tightly.

"Mione, I miss you!"

"I miss you too, Gin. Hey Harry. How's your honeymoon?"

"Well, great. Beautiful place, memories and of course, beautiful woman with me"

Harry kissed Ginny's forehead, causing her to go all red. Hermione laughed looking at Ginny. Harry really love her. Hermione wondered if she could ever find such type of true love. She sat on the chair.

"Why are you here? You have to wait for our cookies"

"Ginny, you let Harry be in your kitchen?"

"I already warned him not to, but Harry being Harry. Can't even stand a second without me"

"Hey, hey. I'm here"

"You two are so cute"

Hermione chuckled looking at the newlyweds. Harry and her sat at the dining table, waiting for Ginny to come with the cookies she and Harry baked. Hoped they turn out well. Ginny took the seat next to Harry.

"Have a taste"

Hermione took the cookie and tasted it. Well, exceeding her expectations. They tasted so good for someone who never cooked like Harry. She looked around, it's not like they were using magic to bake this.

"Great. Did you put Felix Felicis into Harry's coffee so that he can bake properly like this?"

"Mione, I'm not that bad"

"You can't even differentiate between pan and pot, you daft idiot"

Ginny snapped. Hermione laughed out loud hearing Ginny's savage statement. Harry rolled his eyes in disbelief, he literally lost with his wife. He looked at the girls.

"I'm the Chosen One"

"Oh, stop that. You're already 24, idiot"

"Fine. You girls win. Anyway, Herms. Why are you here at such late hour?"

Hermione took another bite of the cookies. She never really liked chocolate chip cookies that much. But, this one is so delicious. It must be Mrs Weasley's secret recipe that Ginny got to learn from her.

"Today's a very bad day. I can't even believe the things happening today"

"Oh, talking about today. How's your work?"

"Harry! Can't you think properly? Work is the worst!"

"Calm down. What's going on?"

"Harry, Ginny. I work at Dreamland"

"That big Muggle company? I heard the CEO is very rich"

Ginny stated excitedly. She was always excited about Muggle business world. Harry slapped his forehead and sighed. Sometimes, the idiot in her came at a very wrong time. Hermione shot Ginny a sharp glare.

"The CEO is a wizard"

"What's wrong with that?" Harry interrupted.

"Don't interrupt me, stupid" Hermione warned him.

"The CEO is Draco Malfoy and I'm working as his secretary!"

"Bloody hell, Hermione. You just made a hell in this peaceful society"

Harry and Ginny looked at Hermione in disbelief. Hermione let out a sigh, feeling frustrated. The thing that frustrated her the most was the kiss. It was different and everytime she thought about it, it sent shiver down to her spine. But, it also sent butterflies lingering in her stomach. Hermione shook her head, forgetting the existence of her 2 friends completely.

"Hermione Jean Granger!" Ginny raised her voice a bit.

"Huh? Yes?"

"Are you okay? You were spacing out for almost 5 minutes"

"Yeah, I'm good"

Hermione cursed herself mentally. How can she think about his kiss at this moment? Ugh, get a grasp on yourself, Hermione! Draco will always be her enemy no matter whatever happened. Hermione looked to Harry and Ginny who have been watching her acting weird for few minutes.

"No offense, but you're acting weird, Mione"

"Really? How much of weird can I get?" Hermione frowned.

"Uh, you were frowning. Then you sighed. Slapped your forehead and you're practically not here for a few moment"

Hermione scratched her neck, feeling awkward. That could make an accidental slip. She sighed, before looking back at the couple. They've been with her for the longest time of her life and Hermione really appreciated them. They're her real friends. Best friends indeed.

"I don't think I can survive working with him"

"I know you can, girl. You survived school even he called you Mudblood everyday"

"He's just a Death Eater. He could never do any harm to you. You're Harry Potter's friend"

Ginny stated proudly while looking at her husband. Harry smiled and held Hermione's hands, giving her moral support. Hermione smiled to them, feeling lucky and relieved.

"Remember okay? He won't touch you. He's just a Death Eater that don't deserve anything in this world. That coward"

Hermione could see hatred in Harry's eyes. Hermione could feel something different inside her. It's just.. it didn't sit right with her knowing that Harry and Ginny still think of Draco as a Death Eater. She knew she would sound like a crazy girl, but she didn't think Draco deserved any of this.

He became a Death Eater when he was 16, which was way too young. He had to kill Dumbledore or Voldemort would kill the only people he has in this cruel world. He went to the dark side because he didn't want to disappoint his parents. He obeyed everything because he loved his parents.

He was.. the boy who had no choice.

"You know, Malfoy is not that bad"

Hermione said slowly. Everyone was dead silent. Not even a single sound could be heard, except for the fan spinning on the ceiling. Harry frowned looking at Hermione. And again, she acted weird. She didn't act like her own self.

"Hermione, you're weird"

"I'm speaking the truth, Harry. Malfoy is not a bad person. I saw it since school days"

"But.."

Harry stopped talking. Hermione got a point. Draco was horrible to everyone because his father was his only person to look up to. Harry sighed, giving up. He looked at Hermione, holding his best friend's hands.

"Just tell me if something goes wrong okay?"

"Will do"

*****

Hehehe

How are y'all feeling? I hope everyone is doing fine. I can't believe tomorrow will be New Year! There are so many things I haven't accomplish yet this year. But, at least we got to learn a lot, right?

People are getting sick of this, but

PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME!

I hope all of you are doing fine! Please take care of yourselves during this pandemic. Make sure to always keep yourself hygienic, wear your mask, use sanitizer and practice social distancing. We all can fight this pandemic together!

I love you all! Good night/day everyone!