35. Daily Prophet

A very eerie silence conquered the whole Manor. Hermione could feel herself losing all the warmth inside her. She casted a wandless Warming Charm to make sure the living room of White Manor stay warm. Narcissa gave Hermione a hug on her shoulders, making sure her daughter in law and future grandchild in her womb remained warm. She looked at Hermione with guilt.

"I'm sorry that I got you into this, Hermione"

"It's not your fault, Narcissa. It's no one's fault. We are supposed to help him"

Hermione's eyes snapped to the Daily Prophet newspaper lying on the coffee table. Pictures of wizards moving and smiling. But, that didn't distract her from the big news of the day. A picture of Minister Kingsley Shacklebolt and Harry were decorating the cover with big headline.

Order Has Been Given to Arrest The Remaining Death Eaters Who Have Been Spotted Lurking Around Muggle London

Saturday, 23 September 2002,

A few Muggle wizards have spotted the presences of the Death Eaters who happened to be joining the Battle of Hogwarts which took place in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry during the year 1998 at Muggle London. Some of them stated they've seen few familiar faces with all black suits sitting in a Muggle pub nearby King's Cross Station. They also witnessed some usage of Dark Magic such as Unforgivable Curses on the Muggles before fixing their memories with the Memory Charm.

On top of that, The Ministry also received some words from Muggles who spotted the presence of the famous heir of Malfoy, Draco Malfoy and his mother, Narcissa Malfoy at few common Muggle places. It was reported that Malfoy himself runs a Muggle company despite being on his run. The son and wife of the former Death Eater Lucius Malfoy are also convicted as part of the Voldemort's servants. Their whereabouts at the free land are threatening the lives of the Muggles, worrying something bad could happen to their children as the Death Eaters themselves are known as Pureblood supremacists.

Minister Kingsley Shacklebolt has given his statement on this, as well as the Head of Aurors, Mr Harry Potter. Both of them stated that all of the free Death Eaters will be taken to the trial at the Wizengamot court, as well as the ones in Azkaban. Head of Aurors, Mr Harry Potter will also take part in chasing the rest of the Death Eaters and the rest of Voldemort's old servants to be taken to the trials.

As mentioned above, the Death Eaters are Pureblood supremacists. Everyone is known of the facts most of the Pureblood wizards came from family with lots of Galleons in their vault. This will also lead them to Apparate away from the country. To stop this consequences from happening, all of the Pureblood manors and vaults will be guarded by Aurors and Dementors. These are the solid order from Minister Kingsley Shacklebolt himself.

Any strange Dark Arts action will be sensed directly by the Dementors as they are given the rights to perform their Kiss on the convicted Death Eaters.

Hermione heaved a frustrated sigh as she put away the newspaper. She flipped it to the back, anger roused inside her knowing that Harry was also going to arrest the Death Eaters. This meant nothing but a betrayal to her side. Harry promised to always help her with everything, but then, he stated an order to arrest all of the Death Eaters. Which meant, Draco will also be arrested at anytime sooner if he didn't watch where he's going.

"Narcissa, I think you should stay here. It's too dangerous for you to Apparate back to your place. People from Ministry can trace you"

"I know. I will cast some spells to break the trace"

Hermione nodded as she walked upstairs. Narcissa and Winky raised their wands to cast the spells. She came to pay a visit this morning because she wanted to tell Hermione that she needed to take Draco to Malfoy Manor to find the solution to his burning Dark Mark. But, the arrival of Daily Prophet newspaper stopped the urge inside her. The Malfoy Manor was guarded by Aurors and Dementors. She can't take Draco there or else he'll be arrested.

Hermione twisted the doorknob of their shared bedroom, formerly was Draco's bedroom. She caught Draco sitting next to the windowsill, hugging his knees. She could hear soft tears of him echoing the dark room. He looked devastated, it was way worse than the one she saw before. Fright and sadness were written all over his face. Her heart felt pain as she saw Draco in such state. She sat next to him, embracing him with her arms.

"Draco, it's okay. You will be safe"

"I won't, Hermione. Things are not the same anymore. You have to leave with mother"

"What? Draco, you can't. I won't leave you, mother won't leave you all alone. We can help"

"What can you do for a help? It's the Ministry we're talking about. They have power! You.. you left wizarding world years ago. You can't do a thing about it, Hermione. Everything's written in the Wizarding Law"

Hermione lost her words. Draco zoned out once again, looking at the January snow falling to the ground. He already expected this to come, but never once he had given the thoughts that it would come at the times where he found his true happiness. He found the cure of his pain, but now, they're trying to give him more pain. Why did they have to take him away from the people he loved dearly?

"Take mother and leave to somewhere away from London. Leave as far as you could"

"Then what? Leave you all alone and let them arrest you? I won't let an innocent life go into that dreadful place, Draco!"

"You don't understand, do you?! I've committed crimes, Hermione! I've tortured and controlled them to do bad things! My wand has proof of my crimes"

"It wasn't your fault! You were forced!"

"And what can you do about that?! Tell the stupid Ministry I was so young and I was forced? Is there any proof? There's none! You can't do that, you have no proof to state I'm innocent"

Hermione sighed. She didn't understand, she can't understand. Why was it so hard for Draco to believe he was innocent? That he was forced? That he was asked to do everything without him willing to do it? What was the reason? Was it because he wanted to make his father and mother proud of him? But, will it make them happy? To see their one and only son ended up being imprisoned in Azkaban? Is that what Draco see whole this time? To make his parents proud and abandon his own happiness?

She embraced her arms tighter around Draco's waist. Draco hugged her back and his tears became louder. Hermione remained silent as Draco let out all of his burden that he's carried whole these years. He looked so vulnerable when he cried. He didn't deserve everything he's been through. She can't let him hurt anymore. She didn't want to see him suffer anymore. He had enough. His childhood memories were nothing near nice.

She wanted to help him.

No matter how much risk she's exposed to, she won't let Draco and Narcissa end up in Azkaban.

*******
Another one!

PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME!

See you next time!