37. Malfoy Manor

"Draco, are you sure you want to go?" Narcissa asked, concerned.

"Draco, you know we can go on your behalf"

"I will go. That's the only way"

Draco offered his right arm to his mother and wife. Winky was holding Narcissa's free hand. Draco closed his eyes and inhaled a deep breath. He realized that things weren't going to be the same anymore after this. There would be more unexpected problems to occur. The four of them Disapparated to the infamous Malfoy Manor with the noisy ring of Apparition. They then appeared at the backyard of the Manor, there's an eerie silence creeping at the back of their necks.

Hermione almost stumble on the ground but Draco was quick enough to grasp her into his arms, hugging her firmly. He looked at the dead magical plants in the yard, it felt so dark. Draco looked up, he could see the Dementors flying around, guarding the place. His wand hand was grasping on his wand tight as the other hand was hugging Hermione's waist. He casted some spell to remain unseen from the Aurors and Dementors. All of them stepped into the place using the dungeon entrance at the underground floor of the Manor. His eyes wandered around for a few moments.

The metal scent of the blood greeted his nostrils. It felt like all the torture and murder just happened yesterday. He looked at Narcissa who was slightly wary about her surrounding. Either she was wary about her capture or his, he didn't want to bother thinking of it. He already had the perfect plan sitting at the corner in his mind, preparing himself for all of the Death situation that would probably leave both Hermione and Narcissa in shock.

"Lumos"

The tip of their wands brightened up as they walked up the stairs. It was terribly damaged, as if there's no way to fix it to the old lavish designed staircases. They stopped abruptly in the tremendous family area. Everything was similar to the last time they've been here. The shattered piece of the chandeliers, the melting wax of the once-used-to float candles and the familiar metal scent of blood. It felt like travelling back to the past. Not to change, but to relive all of those horrible days.

"Wait here. I'm going to my room"

Draco whispered in a very low tone that was barely heard by the women but was enough for them to understand what he meant. Narcissa's, Hermione's and Winky's eyes followed Draco's silhouette walking up the stairs until the figure disappeared to another side of the house. All of them could feel the air getting thicker and the temperature went drastically low as they were many Dementors guarding the place. Hermione observed the uneasy frown on Narcissa's face, realizing that she was unhappy about her house being under the Ministry's observation. She intertwined their fingers together.

"Are you okay, Narcissa?"

"Not really. I just miss the old look of this place. Before.. before Lucius went unstable and Voldemort took over this place. I miss this place where I can see Draco happily enjoying his free times studying or maybe doing the things he loved"

They both strolled carefully on the creaking wooden floor, aware of the shattering pieces of the window glass. They stood by the windowsill, watching the thick snow of February falling from the sky. Despite on how beautiful the white snow were greeting their eyes, all Hermione could see in Narcissa's eyes was grey. She's somewhere between hell and uncertainty. All her life has been spent with either black or white, mostly black. It was hard for her to spend the remaining time of her life with another shade of grey, putting her in the middle of kind and evil.

"Narcissa, can I ask something?"

"What is it?"

"What's it like.. when Lucius was sentenced to be in Azkaban? How do you feel?"