49. Smoke of Help

Draco looked at the letter folded neatly under his journal on his personal study. Pansy let him use her father's study to do his 'research' on Dark Arts. Draco tore open the envelope and realized that it was another letter from Andromeda. He wasn't really expecting her to write every fortnight. He unfolded the parchment as his eyes scanned the short texts written.

Draco,

I have to tell your mother and wife about this. You've gone mad with 20 murders! Narcissa saw you in her dream conjuring the Dark Mark. Don't be such an asshole, Draco. Mark my words.

Write back to me.

Andromeda x

He put away the letter, sighing hard. So, they knew. The news about the Dark Mark being conjured on the sky has threatened the whole wizarding community. That meant the Ministry has to act all over again, planning everything from the scratch. That's what Draco wanted. He would let the Ministry plan everything properly before turning him and the rest of the former Death Eaters to the Ministry.

"Need some help, Draco?" Pansy appeared in front of him.

Draco scowled. "Leave me alone, Parkinson"

Pansy flinched at the acidity in Draco's voice. She wasn't expecting for him to be cold towards her after all the help she provided for him. She forcefully dragged herself to the shelves in the library, looking at the Dark Magic books. Draco spun his wand out of boredom, trying to find anything good for him to plan. The sight of Pansy gave an idea to him. He cast a quick Warming Charm on himself before calling out for Pansy.

Do you need my help?"

"Yes. Do you have any notes of the list of crimes all of you have committed?"

"Yes, I have. Why?"

"Can I have it? I need it for personal research"

"Sure, wait here"

Pansy left to her room and few minutes later she came back with a folder clutched in her arms. She gave it to Draco without any further question. Draco checked the spine of the folder where written Important Notes in Pansy's nice handwriting. When he was about to flip the first page of the folder, Pansy's hand snatched it back from him. Draco's eyes snapped in fury.

"Why did you take it back?"

"I don't remember saying you can open it" Pansy said with a smug face.

"Give it back. I need to check something"

"Something like what? Details to send all of us to the Ministry? Do you think I'm stupid?"

Draco clumsily cast a quiet Imperius Curse towards Pansy and asked her to stay silent. Pansy obeyed him immediately and returned him the folder without any excuses or questions. Draco invited Pansy to sit in front of him as he checked the details written in the folder. Blaise and Theo, clean. Adrian, Daphne and Astoria, 13 tortures towards Muggles. Marcus, Tracey and Milicent, 1 murder and 5 tortures towards Muggles. Pansy, 11 tortures, 1 murder and 1 performance of powerful Memory Charm on Muggle.

"You obliviated a Muggle?"

"Voldemort's order, the Muggle was a close contact to Hermione Granger"

Draco winced at the name of his wife but decided to keep his face stern as he continued to scan the names in the list. He checked if Pansy was still under the Imperius Curse to make sure she didn't snatch back the folder from him. He closed the folder and returned it back to Pansy. His silver eyes fixated on the girl, examining if there was any suspicious gestures from her. He shove his hands into his pocket.