11. Bits of Delight

"Thanks for sending me home. Seriously, you don't have to do that"

"You know mother will kick me out if she found out you went home alone"

Hermione laughed at Draco's words. Yeah, Narcissa forced Draco to send Hermione home. She smiled at him for a few seconds about some stuffs before walking into her unit. She turned and saw Draco giving her his smile. His smile is beautiful.

"See you at work tomorrow"

"Will do"

With one last smile, Draco Apparated back to his manor. Hermione closed the door of her unit and threw herself on her bed. She checked the clock, it's almost 2 in the evening. She smiled thinking of last night.

After the kiss they had, both of them didn't sleep at all. Instead, they played some games everyone used to play at Hogwarts and Hermione also taught Draco few Muggle games. They were exchanging questions and answers to get to know each other better.

Hermione thought of the kiss. Last night's was different from the one they had in his office. It was as if he's telling her that he didn't wanna lose her. Hermione touched her lips, cheeks instantly burning remembering the grey eyed guy.

"What is wrong with me?"

Hermione grabbed her pillow and hid her face. At this point, her face was totally red. Draco wasn't like the one she knew in school. The one who laughed at her or even disturbed and bullied her, he was like a whole new Draco. He laughed at her stupid jokes, he teased her with some puns, he made jokes and played few games with her.

She could tell Draco was so sweet last night.

Hermione took her phone and opened her gallery. She checked the pictures she took with Draco last night at the balcony. He was so cool while talking about his childhood days. Well, of course she didn't believe in him. No kids could be cool without tripping on their shoelaces and cried in front of the kindergarten.

Hermione smiled looking at all the pictures. Spending the whole night talking and laughing with him made her change her perspective towards him. She felt safe with him around her. She knew she shouldn't be feeling like that, but she seemed to enjoy this butterflies inside her.

Hermione's phone vibrated.

Draco Malfoy:
As much as I like you thinking about me, you don't really need to think about me the whole time

Hermione frowned. How did he know she was thinking about him? Hermione replied to his message quickly.

Hermione Granger:
You've mistaken, Mr Malfoy. Why would I think about you?

Draco Malfoy:
I don't know, I can feel it because I couldn't sleep

Hermione Granger:
Whatever, ferret. I know you're gifted in Occlumency but seriously, if you ever use that to get through my mind, I'm gonna kill you with my bare hands

Hermione put her phone away after reading the reply from Draco. He literally recorded the voice of him laughing as a reply to her threat. Suddenly, she felt embarrassed with herself. Draco knew she was thinking about him and that was why he can't sleep. Merlin beard, stupid Hermione. He was just playing around.

D•R•A•M•I•O•N•E

Draco smiled reading the text from Hermione. She really knew how to make him smile like some idiot. Draco checked his wallpaper which turned out to be the picture of him and Hermione that they took last night.

"I thought you were going to sleep"

"Oh, mother"

Draco turned to his back and saw Narcissa. The woman gave a warm smile to her son. She sat on Draco's bed, offering her lap to her son. Draco smiled shyly before lying his head on his mother's lap. Narcissa laughed looking at her son.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. It's just.. I feel awkward to do this again after years"

"You're still a little boy to me, Draco"

Draco smiled looking at his mother. Narcissa smiled and looked around. She saw Draco's phone lying on the other side of the bed. She smiled looking at the wallpaper decorating her son's phone. She took the phone. Draco's eyes widened, he quickly grabbed it from his mother.

"Someone's in love here" Narcissa teased her son.

"No, I'm not. She's a friend"

"Is there a law saying friends can't fall in love?"

Draco's cheeks turned slightly red. He sat on the bed, looking at his mother. Narcissa didn't act like herself since she asked about Hermione the other day. Why did she become so interested in getting to know the girl who has different blood status than her?

"Mother, why did you suddenly wanted to know her?"

"Because I think she could make a change in your life"

"Why her? I mean, she's a Muggle. You never like Muggles before this"

"Because I know she's the right one for you"

"What? I don't understand"

"I'll tell you one day"

Narcissa smiled to Draco before leaving the room. Draco sat on his bed, feeling confused. What does that mean? What's his mother trying to say? Draco looked up when Narcissa walked back into his room.

"I'm going to visit your father tomorrow. Are you coming?"

"Visit father? Whole this time you went out, you went to Azkaban to visit him?"

"Draco, he's still my husband. He's still your father. You can't continue to hate him like this"

"He's no father of mine, mother. You can go and visit him. I'm not coming"

Narcissa smiled sadly at her son. She could see pure hatred in Draco's eyes. Draco lied down on his bed and hid himself under the blanket. Narcissa sighed before leaving her son's room. She knew it's very hard to change Draco's perspective towards his father now.

Draco removed his blanket, checking if his mother was still at his door. Draco leaned against his headboard, sighing. He took the frame at the bedside table. A picture of 6 year old him in his father's arms and laughing with his parents. They looked so happy but he didn't even know the happiness portrayed in the picture was fake.

"Why can't I live like anyone else?"

*****

Piupiupiu!

It's New Year, everyone! I'm turning 15 this year! I can't believe it, time flies so fast. It felt like I just started to learn ABC yesterday hehehe

Anyway,

PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME!

Please enjoy this new year! I hope 2021 is full with tons of blessings and happiness! I love all of you dearly!