27. Magical Letters

"Thanks, girls. Have fun with you Christmas!"

"Have fun with your Christmas too, Mione!"

Hermione waved a goodbye to her childhood best friends, Natalie and Alice. She turned to the golden gate of the white manor and saw a brown envelope hanging on the gate with a ribbon. She looked around, wandering if there were any owls who slipped their letters here. She took the envelope and saw her name written there. Is this a Muggle letter? She flipped it and the envelope changed color into a beautiful sky blue.

Hermione.

"What is this?"

She tore open the envelope and took the brown parchment inside it. She has no single clue who sent this but surely this wasn't from her Muggle friends. They would jump out of shock if they ever see an envelope changing colors by itself. Hermione unfolded the parchment and her eyes went left and right to read the content in it. It was written by a quill and she had no clue who sent this until she saw the name in the end.

Hermione,

This is the first envelope. Follow my instructions for today's celebration. Walk into the house and head straight to the fireplace. Something is waiting for you there.

—Draco

Hermione chuckled, having no clue about what's going on. She didn't even see Draco at his usual place in the evening, his balcony. She walked into the lavish looking entrance and her eyes caught a brown envelope hanging on the hooks with an envelope. She touched it and in an instant, it changed color into emerald green. She tore it off and took out the parchment inside. She unfolded it open, feeling excited.

Hermione,

This is the second one. Lift up the third fake scented candles to see your surprise. Go straight to your room after taking your present. Another surprise is waiting for you.

—Draco

Hermione turned to the fireplace and levitated the third candle using her wand. She saw a small box underneath it, with her initial written on top. Instead of H.G like she used to write in school, it's now H.M referring to Hermione Malfoy. She opened the small box and found a beautiful silver twisted vine diamond ring. She gasped looking at how fascinating the ring was. She slid it into her finger and smiled.

Hermione walked upstairs, following the instructions given by Draco

Hermione walked upstairs, following the instructions given by Draco. She didn't have any idea of what Draco was planning. He was really unexpected sometimes. Questions were running inside her head, trying to figure out what Draco was playing at. She knew Draco isn't the type who like to make people amazed by his deeds. He's someone who doesn't really bother about people opinions. He did something according to what he liked at the moment.

Hermione looked at the staircases. With the chandeliers shining on the ceiling, the dim lights from the staircases seemed to glow brightly. They looked so beautiful, as if this manor is an enchanted romantic palace in Muggle fairytales that she used to read before going to Hogwarts. She caught an envelope at the table next to her door. She touched it and it turned scarlet with shiny gold stripes.