5. An Order

Draco Apparated to his white manor. He muttered the password and the big golden gate opened itself. He walked through the lavish entrance, handing little elf Winky his briefcase. He walked upstairs, heading to his bedroom.

Draco took off his blazer and tie, sitting on his bed. After checking few messages from Daphne about his works tomorrow, Draco decided to take a nice warm bath. He changed into a black t-shirt and shorts. He sat on the bed, zoning out.

Draco's sense came back to him when someone knocked on his door. He looked up and saw Narcissa. He invited his mother to come in. Narcissa sat next to her son on the bed.

"What's wrong, Draco?"

"Nothing, mother"

Draco avoided his mother's soft gaze. Narcissa knew her son has a problem. Her eyes fell to his wrapped left arm. He's hiding the Mark again. Narcissa tried to remove the cloth around her son's arm before Draco quickly pulled back his hand.

"Don't hide" Narcissa said softly.

"I can't, mother. It's scary"

"I'm here, Draco"

Narcissa caressed Draco's cheeks before unwrapping the cloth on his arm. Slowly, they both could see the Dark Mark being carved into Draco's skin. He was underage when he got chosen by the Dark Lord. Narcissa touched the Mark slowly.

"You don't have to be scared by this"

"I can't. Everything haunted my life. I hate this, mother. I never asked to be like one of them. I never wanted to be like father"

It was almost like a whisper, showing how much of pain has Draco been through. He never wanted to be a Death Eater. All he wanted was to impress and make his parents proud of him. He was never Death Eater by heart. He never wanted to be one. But he got no choice. He can't let anybody die because of him again.

Draco hated thinking about his father. Lucius brought too many bad memories to Draco though he's the only son. Narcissa looked at her son. She realized Draco rarely talked about Lucius after the war. Since then, he became the old little Draco. The lost, innocent little child that Narcissa always love. But everyone remembered him as a Death Eater, even now.

"It's been a while since you hide this Mark. Is there something happening at work?"

"I met someone. To be exact, someone who hated me for the longest time. Someone that I spent almost a decade hating on . Someone.. someone who still thought of me as a cruel Death Eater"

Draco began to cry on Narcissa's shoulder. The woman embraced her son tightly, giving him moral support. It was all her fault. She should never let Lucius give their one and only son to be the servant of Voldemort. She regretted everything she has done in the past.

"I'm sorry, son. I'm really sorry"

Narcissa wiped away the tears on Draco's face. She looked at his Dark Mark. He was just 16 when Lucius took him to be a Death Eater. She could see the reluctant look on Draco at that moment, but she's too scared of Lucius. She didn't want him to hurt Draco any longer.

"Son, I have a request"

"What.. what is it, mother?"

Draco looked up, looking frightened. He was always scared with the words order, request and sometimes, even surprise. It was all because of what happened when he was younger. Everything was still haunting him in every single dream.

"I want you to find someone for me"

"Is.. is it important?"

Narcissa could see the hesitation in Draco's eyes. She smiled weakly at her son, assuring him she's not up to something bad. Draco nodded his head, gaining his courage.

"Who, mother?"

"Hermione Jean Granger. Can you bring her to me?"

Draco froze at his spot. He thought he misheard, but when he looked into his mother's eyes, he could see that he didn't misheard her. Hermione Jean Granger. Why? Just why in so many other people in the world, his mother wanted to meet Granger?

"Why, mother?"

Draco asked suspiciously. A part of his heart wanted to obey, the other part wanted to say no. He had enough of bringing Hermione into Malfoy Manor before. He can't see her getting tortured in his house ever again. He can't bear to see that ever again. He didn't want to hurt people anymore.

"I want you to be happy"

"By taking a Mudblood into our place? Mother, no"

"Draco, don't call her Mudblood"

Narcissa shot Draco a piercing look, warning him. Draco resisted the urge of rolling his eyes. He didn't intend to offend his mother. What happiness does that Muggle bring to him? Draco looked at his mother.

"Being with her won't bring happiness"

"How can you be so sure, son?"

"She's a Mudblood. A dirty blood"

"You said you don't wanna be Lucius?" Narcissa stated firmly.

Draco became silent. The way he acted just now was the same like his father whenever he's disgusted with Muggle-borns. Narcissa took a deep breath, looking at her son. She knew it's going to be hard. But, there's a reason why she wanted Draco to bring the Muggle girl to her.

"Bring her to me. This is an order"

"I can't do something without particular reason"

"Did the Dark Lord order you to kill Dumbledore with reason?"

Narcissa snapped. Draco did it again, being the stubborn him. Draco pressed his lips into a thin line, resisting the urge to talk back. Narcissa took Draco's palm, looking into his grey eyes.

"I know you like the back of my hand, son. I assure you, she can make a change. Trust me, just find her and take her here"

"What are you trying to do, mother?"

"You're my son. I know what I'm doing"

Narcissa smiled before leaving Draco alone in his room. He sat on his bed, throwing look outside the balcony. Draco questioned himself. What's his mother playing at? What's his mother trying to do? Did she need Hermione to help her for something?

Father.

Draco started to feel uneasy. What if.. what if his mother wanted to ask for Hermione's help to release his father from Azkaban? Hermione, the brightest witch of her age. He can't let her do that. He can't see his father on loose anymore. Azkaban is the best place for him. For Draco, for Narcissa, for everyone.

But then, he thought of Narcissa words. She wanted him to be happy. And how did that make sense with taking Hermione Granger into his manor? Oh my God, women are crazy. Even he himself can't predict his mother sometimes.

*****

Booya!

What's in Narcissa's mind, eh? I hope all of you enjoy this chapter of Draco's scene. Next chapter will be Hermione's. Hehe, I'm so excited. Also, as usual

PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME!

I hope all of you enjoy this book and always wait for the next update. Don't forget to comment and vote down below. I love you all!