30. The Nightmare

Narcissa ran out from her room as she realized an eerie silent in the Manor. She ran to Draco's room, only to find out he wasn't there. She started to panic, worrying the young boy went missing like the other day. She strolled downstairs, calling for Draco's name for a few moments. She walked to the patio and saw her son playing with Dobby the house-elf, wearing his raincoat.

"Mother!"

"Draco, what are you doin outside here?"

"Playing with Dobby! Mother, come join us"

Narcissa smiled and ran to play with Draco and Dobby in the puddles. The three of them were dancing in the rain, ignoring how terribly soaked their clothes at the moment. The 5 years old Draco laughed happily, enjoying the piggy ride by his beloved mother.

"Let's get inside, Draco. You need to get bath" Narcissa said in her motherly tone.

"But I want to play!" Draco protested with a pout. Narcissa smiled and put him down. She squatted next to him, kissing his wet cheeks. She knew Draco hated it when she asked him to stop playing. After coaxing him for few moments, they both went inside the Manor.

Everything dissolved into black, being replaced by another scene.

"Lucius, he's just a boy!"

Draco's hand froze at the doorknob of his parents. He could hear the bickering inside. He sighed, trying to ignore the argument of his parents. When he was about to walk away, his father's words stopped him.

"I have to take him, Narcissa. I have to!"

"Don't you realize what are you doing? He's our son! Draco is just a boy!"

He bit his lips nervously, resisting the urge to twist the pure silver doorknob. He's been listening to his parents bickering every summer and he thought he was quite used to it. But today, he felt curious to know what was it they were actually arguing about. The voice of his mother begging and repeating about he's just 16 and still so young with his father trying to force his mother to agree into his decision. He had no idea what was they bickering about.

"It was your fault you failed to bring Him the prophecy, Lucius!"

Draco's breath hitched. He knew what were they bickering about. He knew about the order his father received from the Dark Lord. He ran away, can bear to hear any other words of arguments from his father and mother. He ran into his room, putting a Silencing Charm before crying again.

The scene dissolved and being replaced by another scene. Again.

"Father!"

Draco tried to stop his father from dragging him into the ancient manor in front of them. Reluctant was written all over across his face. He didn't want this. He didn't want to do it. He dropped Lucius's hand from holding his suit furiously. He stared into his father's eyes, pleading him to not do it.

"I have to, Draco. He's going to kill me"

"It was your fault. It wasn't my fault that you got into this. I am your son and you want me to serve for Him? I don't want this, father. I don't want" he said with tears at the end of his eyes.

"You have to, Draco"

Lucius dragged Draco into the manor, greeted by the snake Nagini and Barty Crouch Jr. Draco swallowed the fear in him, avoiding the looks given by the Death Eater across the yard. They entered a place which can be identified as the living room, greeted by Bellatrix with the Dark Lord sitting on the chair like a king he was. Draco tried to look away, feeling inferior

"Ah, well. Good evening, Lucius and Draco"

"I bring you my son, My Lord"

"Silence, Lucius. Bella, take him away. I want to have a conversation with this young man here"

The cold voice of the Dark Lord made Draco felt inferior. He was almost in tears as his father left with his aunt, leaving only him and the Dark Lord in the room. It was a punishment for his father after failing his mission to bring the prophecy. Draco looked away, didn't have enough courage to meet the man he feared the most in the eyes.

The scene dissolved and being replaced again. This time, at the Astronomy Tower.

"You are no assassin, Draco" Dumbledore spoke.

"How did you know who I am?"

His eyes were bloodshot. He looked frightened. Draco held his wand tighter, trying to complete his mission. The order from the Dark Lord. He can't bear listening to Dumbledore's speech. It made him scared. It made him feel like he's gonna fail like his father.

"I have to kill you! Or else, He's gonna kill me!"

"You don't understand! I was chosen! He chose me!"

Draco pulled up his sleeve, showing Dumbledore the Dark Mark tattoo on his arm. Dumbledore held up his wand. Before he could ever do barely a thing, Draco disarmed his wand. His hand was trembling. He lowered his wand as Snape and the other Death Eaters came upstairs. Snape killed Dumbledore with the Killing Curse with no hesitation. He ran away after that.

It was replaced again. The worst memory in the Malfoy Manor.

"How did you get the sword?!"

"I don't know! I didn't take anything!"

A loud feminine shriek echoed the whole mansion as Bellatrix tortured Hermione. The woman was angry knowing that the Godric Gryffindor's sword was in Hermione's possession. It was in her Gringotts vault, she knew that. A loud shriek echoed the whole house again.

Draco was in the verge of tears as he looked at the state of Hermione. He can't bear seeing her in pain of being tortured by his family member. He muttered the counter-curse secretly, trying to help Hermione. Another loud shriek came upon before everything turned pitch black completely.

"No! No, no, no! NO!"

Draco woke up from his sleep, breathing heavily. It felt like he just finished running from some fierce creature that were trying to kill him. His shirt was wet because of his sweat. He could feel the cold sweat on his forehead. His body was trembling in fear and shock, didn't expect to get all the sudden flashbacks of his memories years ago. All of the worst memories in his life.

"Draco, are you okay?"

Hermione stirred up from her sleep, greeted by the frightened look on Draco's face. She glanced to the clock, taking more it was just 2.30 in the morning. Draco looked at Hermione before pulling her into his arms. Hermione was confused with his sudden act. She realized that he was sweating. A drop of tear fell to her cheek. It wasn't her tears. It was Draco's. She looked up in confusion and worry.

"Draco, is everything alright?"

"I'm.. I'm scared"

"Why? Did you have a nightmare?"

"Stay with me. Don't go anywhere"

"Go back to sleep, Draco. It's still dark outside"

Hermione flop to her side of the bed, wasn't really curious about what Draco's been through in his dream. She was quite sleepy and half-awake, that's why she didn't bother to ask more. She made an assumption that Draco was just tired because of his works at the office. She fell asleep again in few seconds.

Draco settled himself next to Hermione and hugged her. Tightly. As if he didn't want to lose her. The memory of her screaming due to the torture given by his aunt haunted him until today. Draco looked at the sleeping Hermione, admiring her calm breath. He closed his eyes, trying his best to force a sleep, thinking all the nightmare was just because of too much stress at work.

*****
.... is typing

This chapter is the start of the conflict! Hope you enjoy it. I've been planning for too long. Next chapter, we'll see Narcissa again.

PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME!

Happy day everyone!