21. The Only Way

It's been 3 days since the attack at The Burrow. It's been 3 days since Hermione gained her consciousness. It's been 3 days since Hermione started locking herself in her room, using every types of spells to avoid people to come to her. More like her avoiding people from coming to her.

Ginny walked out from Hermione's room, receiving looks from Harry and Draco as if asking how was it. Ginny gave a slight shake, giving up. It was so hard to help Hermione open her mouth about the attack at The Burrow. Ginny took the seat next to Harry, holding his hands. Harry smiled shortly before turning to look at Draco.

"Isn't there any other way?"

"No. And even if there is, she will hate me for that"

"It won't last long. Both of you live together"

Draco looked at Harry in disbelief. He didn't even want to listen what's his way on talking to Hermione. He sighed before standing up. He walked upstairs to Hermione's room after giving a wish me luck look towards Harry and Ginny. He twisted the pure gold doorknob, opening the door. He could see Hermione throwing looks outside the window, zoning out.

"Hermione, say something"

Hermione didn't move. Didn't even bother to look at Draco. Draco sighed before walking towards the bed with blue and silver sheets hugging the mattress. He could see the weight loss in Hermione. Probably 1 to 2 pounds because of shock. She was still in shock. She still can't believe Ron did the attack on her. Draco held Hermione's hands, looking at her.

"Go" her voice sounded hoarse. Dried.

"Hermione, don't make me use it"

You know I'm gonna hate you for the rest of my life if you did that.

Draco could feel the voice in Hermione's head. Yeah, he used Legilimency but, without Hermione's permission. He looked at her, trying to get her eyes set on him. Those brown orbs that he missed to feel lost in. Hermione turned to look at Draco. She sensed it, she felt him going through her mind. Anger was written on her beautiful face.

Don't use that on me.

"I have to unless you talk to me"

You fucking useless ferret, don't do it or I'll kill you.

"Just fucking talk to me. I don't have time to deal with this"

Go. Go away. Fucking leave me alone.

Draco sighed, feeling defeated. He has a question that has been playing for more than 10 years. How did the Gryffindors face this Gryffindor Princess of theirs? He would probably be mad at the end of the day. But, Harry turned out still has the sanity inside him. Draco looked at Hermione, closing her mind.

"What are you trying to say? You knew something about the attack?"

She didn't say a word. Draco couldn't guess what she was thinking because he already stopped the connection. It felt rude for him to go into her head again, but if that's the only way to get the answer, then he had no choice. He closed his eyes, trying to go through her mind. Hermione drew out her wand, trying to not let Draco know what was in her mind.

"Fucking open your mind, Granger! Don't waste my time!"

"Don't use that wicked ability on me"

"Wicked? You don't give a fuck about what I said. Tell me everything or I'll make you say it"

"How would you do that?"

"Veritaserum" "It's ille—"

"This is not Hogwarts, Granger"

A smirk appeared on Draco's handsome face. He walked out from the room, heading downstairs. He ignored the confused looks on both Ginny's and Harry's faces. He went into the kitchen and opened the bottom drawer. The potion he's looking for. He read the words decorating the small bottle.

Potion of Truth.

Veritaserum.

"Did she say anything?" Harry asked

"No, but this will help"

"Fuck, you didn't tell me you have Veritaserum"

"Pros of being Slytherin Prince"

Draco patted Harry's shoulder with a friendly smirk before walking upstairs. He remained the door of Hermione's room open, walking towards her. Hands gripping tight on the small bottle of Veritaserum. Hermione gritted her teeth, still didn't want to tell the truth. Draco gave her the bottle.

"Drink it, or I'll make you drink it"

Hermione gave a reluctant look before taking one drop of the potion. A drop that lasted for 30 minutes. That was enough for her to tell the truth to him. Draco sat in front of Hermione, wand steady on his grip. Hermione looked away, knowing what's waiting for her. Draco kept a straight face.

"You know what will happen if you lie?"

"Yes"

Draco nodded at Hermione's answer.

"Did you know the attack was going to happen?"

"Yes"

"How did you know?"

"I found— ugh, no— a book— a fucking book — no, dark magic, ugh— in Ronald's room"

Hermione tried her best to not tell the truth. But, the more she tried, the more pain she got. Draco kept a straight face, demanding more explanation from Hermione. Still stubborn even under the Veritaserum. He sighed.

"Did you know when the attack was going to happen?"

"No, but Charlie told me. He— ugh, dragons—, a dragon was stole from Romania— Ron, he did it. Ron stole a fucking dragon. He— he killed that creature"

"Fuck. How did Charlie know?"

"Letter from Romania Wizarding Minister"

"You know what's written there?"

"No" she replied, flat.

"Don't fucking lie to me, Granger"

"I'm saying the fucking truth, Malfoy"

They both stared at each other with piercing look. Hermione tried to bear the pain. Only few minutes and the pain will be gone. A few minutes after the staring game they had, Hermione collapsed to her pillow. Looking so pale. Draco quickly put the quilt on her and smiled as he saw she was already asleep. The potion took away her already little energy.

He walked out from the room and strolled downstairs. Harry and Ginny looked at him with a confused faces. Probably because Hermione still didn't come out from her room. Draco took the seat in front of the couple with a smirk. A devilish type of smirk. As if he was planning for murder.

"How's it?" Harry asked.

"Working. She's asleep, loss of energy"

"Is she fine?" Ginny asked, concerned.

"Good. Potter, Auror, aren't you?"

"What stupid question is that?"

"Take that bastard to Wizengamot"

"Got things to explain?"

"Charlie has the answer"

The answer from Draco left both Harry and Ginny in confusion.

*******
Guys! I just finished reading Breath Mints/Battle Scars! The best fanfiction I've ever read. I'm glad I found that book. I cried in the end. Oh gosh, my Theo ಥ‿ಥ

PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME!

Hope all of you are fine for 2021!