63. Free

A year later,

"Ouch! Hey, stop throwing snowballs at me!"

Draco ran away from Teddy and Scorpius who were apparently chasing after him with massive snowballs in their tiny arms. Teddy held Scorpius's arm to make sure he didn't collapse into the thick snow. Draco rolled on the snow as he caught both boys in his big arms, laughing as they tried to wiggle out of his arms. The three of them rolled on the snow— Draco quickly picked Scorpius and sat on the ground before the little child could go missing in the thick snow.

"Mummy!" Scorpius shouted excitedly as he escaped Draco's arms, running away.

"Scorpius! Son! Merlin, this kid!"

Draco ran and tried to chase Scorpius but he was quick to jump into Narcissa's arms, who were walking with both Hermione and Andromeda. Teddy was already in Andromeda's arms— that quick little kid. Draco panted, feeling exhausted after all the runnings with the boys. Hermione giggled softly as she punched his shoulder.

"Fucking exhausting" Draco said as he kissed her cheeks.

"Well, what a good wording to say in front 3 children, huh?" Hermione glared.

"Uh, sorry" he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

His eyes fell to the small baby in Hermione's arms. Adelaide Malfoy— their daughter. Draco took Adelaide from Hermione's arms and smiled as he carried her carefully. He observed the infant's facial features. She looked exactly like Hermione with straight brown hair— her eyes were ice grey, just like him. He smiled as he looked at Hermione before returning his gaze to Adelaide.

"Your father will be here anytime sooner, Draco. Why don't we get changed and prepare everything?" Narcissa asked.

"Mother, I'm not sure if I'm ready. I mean— it's been seven years. Well, I don't care about meeting him, but what about Hermione? Scorpius? Adelaide? His half-blooded grandchildren?" Draco rolled his eyes.

"He'll be fine with this, Draco. Besides, who is Lucius Malfoy without his Lady, right?" Narcissa giggled.

"Right" Draco laughed at his mother's confidence.

Draco wrapped an arm around Hermione as the other arm was holding Adelaide carefully as they walked back into Malfoy Manor. After several discussions with tons of agreements and disagreements, both Narcissa and Draco finally succeeded in making Andromeda to stay with them— as well as Teddy. Andromeda also received parts of her inheritance of the Black's vault as well as half of Bellatrix's inheritance— same as Narcissa.

As for Lestrange's inheritance, all of them went down to Draco since none of the Lestranges were still alive. It was insane at first considering how much Galleons the family owned, but Draco didn't seem to bother much. He ended up donating most of it to improve the infrastructures of several wizarding places like Hogwarts, shops in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade. Draco said the Malfoys already owned too much Galleons, he couldn't handle more of it.

They entered the manor and saw a familiar figure standing in front of the fireplace, facing his back to them. Long platinum blonde locks with thick black winter coat. Draco glanced to his mother— Narcissa's eyes were already filled with tears. Draco gave Adelaide to Hermione and took Scorpius from Narcissa. The witch ran towards the wizard standing in front of the fireplace and hugged him tightly, crying hard.

"Gods! Lucius, you're finally here again!"

"Cissa"

Draco tried to control his expression as he heard that voice. That voice he despised the most. He could feel Hermione giving a soft squeeze on his hand, asking him to not do anything stupid— warning him. It's been seven years since he last set eyes on this man— except for his wedding day. Lucius turned and his eyes went to look for his son's. Draco looked away, tilting his head to the side. No, he wasn't ready for this.