43. Missing

"I'm leaving now"

"You have everything with you?"

Andromeda checked everything in the bag of her nephew. Draco nodded his head firmly, assuring his Aunt. He could see the sadness in Andromeda's eyes. They hugged each other for a while, Andromeda cried in her nephew's embrace. Even though they barely knew each other, like only 2 weeks, but she was happy to spend the time with him. Even Teddy felt happy to have a male presence around him to play the toy broomstick. Draco looked at his Aunt who had tears in her eyes.

"Are you sure you don't want to see Cissy and Hermione?"

"No. I can't leave if I see them"

"Draco, are you sure about this?"

"I'm sure. Please take care of mother and Hermione. I'm going to miss all of you so much"

Before Andromeda could say any other word, the noise of Apparition rang in her ears. In a blink of an eye, Draco disappeared in the air. Her eyes snapped to the early morning sky. It was still dark and she felt empty. Her nephew is gone. How's she supposed to explain to her sister and his wife about this? How are they going to face the lie she has to make just to hide Draco's secret? How.. how will the girls react to his disappearance? Andromeda wiped away her tears before heading back to her room.

.
.

"Good morning, 'Dromeda"

Hermione joined Andromeda and Teddy at the dining table. Narcissa was probably in the kitchen as she heard some rustling sounds of the pots. Andromeda seemed so lost in her world that she didn't even greet Hermione back. Hermione flickered her eyes around the area, looking for the silhouette of her husband. Her eyebrows knitted as she couldn't see his presence for the whole day. Narcissa joined all of them after a few while. All eyes were on Andromeda who was zoning out for almost 15 minutes.

"Andy? Andro? Andromeda!" Narcissa raised her voice, startling her sister.

Andromeda jerked up a bit. "Yes? Did you say anything?"

"No. But, you weren't here for almost 15 minutes. Are you okay?" Narcissa showed the look of concern towards her sister.

Andromeda returned a not so sure smile to her. She was thinking about the excuses to tell her sister and Hermione about Draco. Hermione looked out to the garden, searching for Draco. He wasn't even in their room this morning. It's really rare for him to wake up earlier than her. And, even if he did, he would probably go back to a deep slumber until she wake him up. Hermione turned to look at Andromeda.

"Did you see Draco?"

"No" Andromeda replied, expressionless.

"What do you mean, no? You woke up earlier than all of us, Andro"

"I.. I don't know where did he go"

Andromeda looked down, trying to hide the bothered look on her face. Hermione realized the genuine shock on her face and she started to have suspicion towards Andromeda. Did the woman know where was Draco? It looked like she was hiding something from the people in the house. Hermione's eyes met Narcissa's. She nodded, giving her the permission to ask Andromeda.

"Are you sure you didn't know where Draco is, 'Dromeda?"

"Yeah. I woke up around 6 and I saw your door wide opened. I saw you sleeping but Draco wasn't there. I thought he might go somewhere like the kitchen, but I didn't see him there. So.. maybe, he went missing"

"Missing? My son can't be missing!"

"Are you expecting me to know everything, Cissy?"

"No, I'm sorry"