29. Only One

The sun already rose beautifully half an hour ago. Hermione lifted up her lids slowly, meeting with Draco's broad chest. Her cheeks blushed a bit as she looked up. Draco was still sleeping while wrapping his arms around her waist. Hermione carefully moved his arms and picked Draco's shirt on the emerald green couch that could help her to cover up.

She strolled out from the Slytherin liked room and headed to her room. She went straight into the lavatory and splashed the water on her face. She took a look at her reflection in the big mirror, observing the hickeys on her neck. The water hit her face furiously again, feeling embarrassed. She can't believe it. Everything happened in just a blink.

"Bloody hell, I've gone mad"

Hermione's cheeks flushed into red as she remembered what happened last night. She remembered vividly every touch Draco gave her. All of the touches she's been waiting to feel for the rest of her life. How he looked at her, how he whispered beautiful words to her. How he smiled to her like she was his world. How he told her million times of how much he loves her. And then, the realization hit her. A realization she didn't want to think or agree with, but she has to.

He drank. He was drunk.

What if.. what if Draco forget what happened last night? What if he didn't mean anything he said last night? What if all of that happened just because he's under alcoholic influence? What if.. everything last night meant nothing to him? Hermione collapsed to the granite floor, tears trickling down from her eyes. The imagination of Draco having no single clue about what happened last night just broke her heart so much.

She loved him. She definitely loved him.

Hermione stood on both her feet and washed her face from smudged makeup of last night. Draco didn't even let her go for the whole night. She brushed her teeth and tied her hair up into messy bun. She walked out from her room and walked into Draco's room. When she walked into the room, she caught Draco smiling at her.

"Good morning" he greeted her with his morning voice.

Hermione's cheeks blushed as she walked to the vacant side of the bed. Draco pulled Hermione's waist closer to him, embracing his muscular arms around her small figure. He smiled as her shampoo scent greeted him. Hermione snuggled closer and rested her head on his broad chest. Her eyes glued to the ring on her finger, didn't have enough courage to look at the blonde right into his eyes. Draco realized the silent behavior of his wife. He observed her eyes carefully.

"Did you cry?" he asked.

"No"

"Hermione, you were crying. What happened? Why did you cry?"

Her eyes were bloodshot. He knew she's been crying for a while but it didn't seem like he could figure out what's the matter. He just roused from his deep slumber few minutes ago and greeted by his wife with her bloodshot eyes and worried look. More to a look of disappointment. Another tear trickle down to Hermione's cheek, she quickly looked away as her breath hitched. Draco pulled her closer.

"Hey, what is wrong? Hermione, tell me"

"Did you mean it? Everything?" she asked, despite knowing how trembling her voice at her current state.

"Mean what? Last night? Hermione, last night meant everything to me. I love you. I said that to you. I remembered everything. I was sober. Did you really think I got drunk just because of the kisses and what happened last night? Don't be, Mione. I love you. I was saying the truth. You're my only one. I planned everything to tell you about my feelings. Please don't cry"

Draco wiped the tears on his wife's face before kissing her forehead lovingly. Hermione hid her face in Draco's chest, still sobbing. It took her a few minutes to stop crying. She wiped away the tears, looking up at Draco. He was looking at her with adoration. Love. He was saying the truth all along. Hermione smiled at him before biting her lips nervously.

"And you, do you love me?"

"I am and will always. Draco, I'm sorry if whatever I thought upset you. I didn't have any intention of offending you. I was.. I was just scared that you might leave me like Ron did. I'm really sorry"

Draco smiled, not saying anything. He played with her messy brown locks, feeling happy with the life he has right now. He would never leave Hermione just like how Weasley did to her. Believe it or not, he would rather die instead of hurting her. That is something that went against his Slytherin pride, but he knew it was his choice all along. He wanted to be with her, he wanted to love her, he wanted to be loved by her. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with her.

Draco looked down at the shirt Hermione was wearing. It was the black buttoned up shirt he wore underneath his blazer last night. Hermione's cheeks turned red realizing that Draco realized the shirt she was wearing belonged to him. Draco smirked before meeting her in the eyes. The cocky Malfoy smirk was still there. As if attempting another word of tease.

"Enjoying yourself in my shirt?"

"Yeah.. it's quite comfortable"

"But you know I like you better with nothing"

A genuine smile replaced the cocky smirk. Hermione's cheeks rose even redder as she heard his words. She didn't see that coming. She didn't know he could think of something like that at such moment. She turned to face him and kissed his left cheek. She smiled shyly, leaving him in confusion. His steel-silver eyes met her honey brown eyes.

"What was that for?"

"Nothing. Just can't resist the urge to kiss you"

"Only there?"

Draco smirked. Hermione knew what he wanted. She moved a bit closer and kissed his lips. Draco replied in an instant as he embraced her tightly. His fingers destroyed her messy bun, causing her hair to fall off her shoulder. They snogged each other for about 5 minutes or so before pulling away. Draco wanted to kiss her again, but he resisted the urge just to admire her beautiful bare face. He smiled at her, getting another idea of playing around with her.

"You know what?" he asked in a low tone.

"What?"

"The first person to run into the kitchen will ask the other person to do the laundry for the whole week"

"You're challenging me?"

"If you don't mind, Granger" he said jokingly.

"Let's go then, Malfoy"

Without wasting any time, both Draco and Hermione sprinted out from the room and ran downstairs. Laughter filled the whole house as they both ran into the kitchen. Draco knew he was going to lose, so he quickly grabbed Hermione by her waist and lifted her up. She screamed in joy and asked him to take her down. Draco laughed as Hermione hit his chest playfully. They laughed together.

"That was unfair! You pulled me!"

"You pushed me first"

"You do the laundry!" Hermione joked around.

"You do the cooking then" Draco replied with his joke.

Hermione laughed. "Obviously! I can't let you cook anything in my kitchen! You're gonna burn everything! I can imagine waking up to an explosion if you ever try to bake anything!"

"I'm not planning to do, so.."

Hermione laughed before running into Draco's arms. She must be crazy for almost 10 years of hating him. If only she could get to know him better, they would be great friends like today. Joking and laughing together. She never expected that Draco would be part of her happiness. She looked up to his beautiful eyes.

"I love you"

"I love you too. Forever"

Draco kissed her forehead with a smile.

*****
One more!

More chapters are coming and conflicts are about to happen. I don't mean to look desperate, but I feel so unmotivated with no one voting for this book. I'm really sad *sobbing at the corner

PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME!

I hope everyone is doing well. Take care and enjoy your day/night!