7. An Invitation

Draco walked back and forth in his office, feeling frustrated. He kept on looking at Hermione who was busy with all the files she was supposed to manage. He could tell she's probably writing down the notes for their recent meeting with the board member.

"Should I tell her or not?"

Draco ran his fingers through his silky hair, messing it up. He's been thinking about the same thing for the whole day. He even lost his appetite whenever he started thinking about all these mess. How was he supposed to tell her about this?

Draco sat on his chair, doing nothing. He observed Hermione who's walking from her seat to the shelf behind just to arrange some documents. She looked so beautiful. She looked so elegant wearing that white blouse tucked into her black palazzo pants. Surprising that she could make Draco go crazy with a simple outfit.

Shit, you're doing it again!

Draco mentally cursed himself. It's been 2 weeks since Hermione started working as his secretary. He felt like roasting and making fun of her everyday, but then, he just got no idea. Her works were all perfect, just like the person. Insulting her as a Mudblood might be the last thing in his mind since she was quite used to it since school years.

"Fuck, I can't just think about her"

Draco whispered to himself. He turned on his desktop and started checking all of the emails he received. Usually, it would be Hermione checking them for him. But, he simply asked her to check on all the documents while he took care of the emails. But, all the time he tried to focus, his grey eyes kept glancing to the glass connecting his and Hermione's office.

In Hermione's office, she seemed so focused in front of the documents. She wasn't totally focus and she was trying her best to do her work properly. It was all because Draco has been staring at her from the glass connecting their offices for like, who knows. That guy is a creep.

Hermione took a quick glance, realization hit inside her when Draco's still had his eyes fixed on her. She cursed mentally, wanting to kick him or maybe create some curtain between them so that he won't be checking her out whole the time.

She took her phone, looking for Draco's number.

Hermione Granger:
Stop looking at me, ferret

She put away her phone, continuing with loads of files in front of her. She needed to distract herself from being distracted by Draco to be honest. She checked her phone to see his reply. Her face turned red seeing his reply.

Draco Malfoy:
Well, I wasn't looking at you

Draco Malfoy:
But, I don't mind looking at Mudblood who looks exactly like an angel

Draco Malfoy:
Looks like I'm gonna look at you frequently now

Hermione can feel her cheeks got heated reading the texts. She was sure Draco was a bit tipsy right now. Like, how can a Pureblood like him text her something like this? That emotionless guy who has been disturbing, bullying her since school days just because of a freaking blood status?

Hermione Granger:
Shut up and do your work

She put her phone on the table and continued her works. She could feel Draco's state but she decided to ignore it. Because seriously, it would get them into some childish fight. And when they start fighting, that means no end to it unless someone came and hex one of them.

Okay, that's creepier.

Hermione's phone vibrated again.

Draco Malfoy:
Come to my office

Right now

Hermione gulped down her saliva, feeling slightly bitter. It felt like a threat. She checked her desktop. She already checked several times she didn't email him the wrong reports. What's he up to right now? Sighing, Hermione took her phone and few report files for backups. In case she did sent the wrong file.

She walked out from her office and headed to the CEO's office. She could just Apparate, but she was way too lazy to argue with him about her laziness. She knocked on the door and walked in as soon as Draco gave her his permission.

"Any help, Mal— Mr Malfoy?"

"Nice try, Granger. Well, it's not about work, so suit yourself"

Merlin Beard. Hermione took a deep breath before sitting on the leather sofa, customized in Belgium. Well, what do you expect? He's the Draco Malfoy. Draco sat on the other sofa in front of Hermione. They remained silent for a while. Hermione rolled her eyes.

"What do you want? Don't waste my time"

"Relax. Do you think it's easy for me to say this?"

"If it's not important, just tell me by text. You don't have to disturb me working"

"Wait, don't leave. This is important"

Hermione resisted the urge to take out her wand and hex the guy. She's still in her right mind to not get fired only after 2 weeks of working there. Draco took a deep breath, feeling nervous. It's not like he's planning to take her on a date.

Date?!

Bloody hell, Draco Malfoy. You're going mad

And the best part, Hermione Granger is the reason.

"Uh, hello? When are you going to tell me that important thing?"

Draco looked up, his grey eyes meeting her brown ones. He tried to control the butterflies taking over his stomach. He can do this, it's not a crime to talk to her properly. Blood status is not a problem anymore. Draco took a deep breath.

"Mymotherwantedyoutohavedinnerwithus"

Draco said as fast as lightning, feeling nervous. He just made himself looking stupid in front of the brightest witch of their age. Hermione frowned, why is this guy so weird?

"Pardon me? I don't get that"

"Uh.. my mother wanted you to have dinner with us?"

"What?"

Hermione felt confused. Is this for real? Did.. did Draco just say his mother wanted her to join their dinner? There's something crazy running in their bloods after the battle. Hermione eyed Draco suspiciously.

"I'm saying the truth. It's an invitation from my mother"

"Why? Why would she want a Muggle-born inside her house?"

"How am I supposed to know? She didn't tell me a damn and only asked you to come over"

"I couldn't reject it if it's your mother's. But, I certainly won't go if you're the one inviting me"

"As if I wanted to go out with you"

"I'm heading back to my desk now"

Hermione stood up and left the office. She entered her office and continued doing all her works. Her phone vibrated. Hermione turned it on, thinking it was probably a message from Ginny or Harry. Her eyes turned wide at the name on her screen.

Draco Malfoy:
Send me your address. I'll pick you up, Saturday ;)

Hermione turned and saw Draco giving her a soft smile. She turned away, her cheeks turning red out of sudden. Why did she even blush when he smiled at her? Hermione glanced to the text. One thing she can't deny here.

Draco is cute.

******

Woohoo!

Yep, another chapter. I don't really have any notes right now. I just hope all of you can give me tons of supports. Wanted to remind everyone again,

PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME!

That's all from me, I love all of you, dearly. Good day/night to everyone!