48. Presence

Hermione tugged Scorpius properly into his cot. Scorpius was fast asleep tonight since he played with Teddy all day long since he woke up this morning. Hermione kissed Scorpius's cheeks and forehead before preparing for her bed. She checked the clock, it was striking to half past 9. Today has been a very entertaining day as Andromeda decided to take them to a Muggle amusement park to forget all of their stresses for almost 7 months.

Hermione slipped into her sky blue satin pyjamas and let her hair down. Applying some skincare products on her face as part of her night routine and prepared her bed. All of the raining noises had fizzled out and the already dark room was definitely darker. She muttered a wandless Warming Charm around the room to keep them both stay warm and drank the tea next to her bedside table that has been mixed with a drop of Dreamless Sleep Potion. That would definitely be better for her.

"Goodnight, Scorpius"

.
.

The noise of Apparition rang against his eardrums, resulting him to hiss in anger secretly. He removed the black robe and Death Eater mask that he used to conceal his identity whole this time and placed it on the armrest of the chair at the corner of the room. He observed the white painted walls and caught an unfamiliar sight at the left corner by the bed.

A baby cot.

A smile cracked upon Draco's face as he saw the baby in the cot. He strode around silently and came near the baby. He could see Scorpius hugging a knitted brown teddy bear which was similar to the one he had when he was a child. He chuckled. Narcissa gave it to Scorpius, undoubtedly. He observed the platinum blonde hair to the calm and relaxed features of the sleeping baby. He smiled as he bent down to kiss Scorpius forehead.

He looked at the wall that were previously empty but now decorated with pictures of Hermione and Scorpius. There were pictures of Narcissa and Andromeda being the best grandmothers too. He chuckled at the sight and took Scorpius carefully into his arms. Happiness was overwhelming Draco. He didn't know what to say. He felt happy to meet and hold his son. Even if he has to do it secretly like this forever.

Scorpius moved a bit as he felt a slight movement. His lazy eyelids opened up, the honey brown orbs staring into Draco's silver grey ones. Draco was shock when the baby didn't cry but instead, he was smiling. A happy smile showing his healthy pink gums. Draco smiled as he whispered some jokes to make Scorpius giggled. After few minutes in that position, Scorpius fell asleep again. Draco smiled.

"I love you, Scorpius"

Draco tugged Scorpius properly into his cot and turned to see Hermione sleeping. She looked relaxed and her muscles didn't tense at all. As if.. as if she hasn't been having nightmares like him. His eyes wandered around and spotted a vial of Dreamless Sleep Potion on the bedside table. Draco slipped into a dark green hoodie with grey sweatpants. He carefully lied down next to Hermione.

"Hmm"

Hermione hummed slowly in her sleep. Draco smiled sadly, realizing the change of his wife's appearance. She looked skinnier than he has ever seen. He observed her since school. Sometimes, she would become skinnier during exam days to double up her focus on studies instead of meals. But now, she looked too skinny. As if she hasn't been eating properly whole these months without him and even now, managing Scorpius alone.

"I'm sorry, darling"

Draco pressed a delicate kiss on Hermione's forehead. Hermione stirred up from her sleep immediately as she felt the touch. She opened her eyes, looking up. Her eyes met Draco's eyes. They were filled with guilt and regrets. A sleepy smile escaped her face, thinking that this was all a dream. Thinking that her Dreamless Sleep Potion wasn't brewed properly. She touched Draco's face slowly.