42. New House

The sound of Apparition rang against the ears of the wizard and the witches. Draco, Hermione, Narcissa, Andromeda, Teddy and Winky snapped their eyes to the unfamiliar place. Draco felt Hermione squeezing his hand lightly, trying to get her balance. Narcissa's eyebrows knitted looking at how calm and unsurprised her sister was at the moment when she had no clue where did her son Apparated them to.

In front of them stood a huge ancient looking mansion painted in black and emerald green paint. The big pillars at the entrance were carved with crystal, leading them to the big and lavish designed entrance. The doorknob was also coated with crystals, which brought amusement to Hermione. Draco led all of them into the mansion, his grey eyes snapped around from the big staircases to the big living room and dining table at the ground floor. Hermione tapped on Draco's shoulder.

"Where are we?"

"Our new house. In Lyon" Draco replied shortly.

"Ours?" Hermione asked, confused with the reply.

Draco sighed and explained to her the real intention of him buying the mansion. The couple will be staying there with Narcissa, Andromeda and Teddy as Andromeda said she didn't want to be far away from Teddy. Draco also explained that the reason of them moving in to the mansion was because he wanted to escape from the Ministry and was totally unsure about the security of Malfoy Manor.

Narcissa went to an outburst of rage when Draco told her that. She knew so well her son disagreed with her decision to stay in the Manor, but deciding to move them somewhere very far away without discussing it with her just doesn't sit right with her. Andromeda calmed Narcissa before the mother and son could ever start their bickering. Draco glanced to Andromeda, seeing a glint of sadness in her eyes. He knew she wasn't happy with his decision, but he had to. He has to protect his family.

"You're telling me staying here can help to hide all of us away from the Ministry?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah. After all, I've found what I wanted to take from the Manor. This fucking Mark will never stop burning" Draco scowled at the ugly shape of the Dark Mark on his left arm. Andromeda looked away, being wary. It was the first time she set eyes on someone with Dark Mark. Well, except for Bellatrix few decades ago. Narcissa smiled and told her sister that everything was fine. They walked upstairs and headed for room tour.

"This is y.. our room" Draco corrected himself.

He opened the black door and saw a big bedroom with a king sized four poster bed in the middle of the room, with emerald green couch and carpet next to the balcony. A small fireplace decorated the corner of the white painted room. A closet room was also in the room, enough size for both Hermione and Draco to put their clothes. A black vanity sat nearby the entrance of the closet room. The bathroom door was wide open, almost all of the furniture were painted in either black or emerald green with the walls painted in white and silver grey.

"Baby room!" Draco felt a bit of excitement rushing inside him as he mentioned the word baby.

This time, the room looked slightly brighter. White baby cot with a silver blanket hugging the mattress and a tall block of drawers decorated the medium sized room. Unlike the master bedroom, this room is slightly serene compared to the room with the mixture of emerald green and silver grey. The walls were also painted in white.

After showing both Narcissa and Andromeda's (with Teddy ofc) their rooms, Draco excused himself to join Hermione in their new room. He changed into a black jumper and sweatpants before lying down next to Hermione who was sitting on the bed while reading a Muggle book from the Shakespeare guy. Hermione smiled and played with a strand of Draco's hair. She closed her book and looked at Draco.