44. The Constellations

A week. It has been a week since he went into hiding from the Ministry. He was hiding himself in the Massachusetts forest in the US. He placed all of the protection charms to avoid being seen by the people especially the wizards and witches. They were his biggest enemies because once they spotted him, the Ministry will arrest him in a blink of an eye. He won't let that happen. Not until he got to take all of the free Death Eaters into his perfect plan.

"Fuck"

Draco hissed angrily as the fire caught his finger. He casted Aguamenti and washed his burning finger. He sat on the bed in the tent and wrapped his finger after casting some Healing Charm. He sighed and departed back to the small kitchen in the magical tent to prepare his own dinner. He's been used to this kind of living for a week now. Alone. Away from others. Silence. Darkness. Lonely. Loveless.

No Hermione.

He levitated the bowl and placed his not so delicious meal into the bowl. It wasn't like he tried to impress anyone, that was why he can bare with his own horrible cooking skills. He sat on the couch, casting Incendio at the small fireplace in front of him. He began to eat his dinner quietly, clearing his mind from all of the stressful thoughts.

"What's this rubbish?"

Draco spat furiously when he tasted the food. He grabbed the goblet and sip down the water quickly to get rid of the horrible taste. He continued eating as he stared at the pictures on the table next to him. There were few pictures such as him and Hermione on their wedding and the other one taken 3 days before he went absent. Pictures of hugging both Andromeda and Narcissa and also a picture of him playing with Teddy. It must be a picture Hermione took secretly when he was playing with the boy.

"Scourgify"

Cleaning all of the leftover, Draco caught a glimpse of his Death Eater robe and mask. He had never wear them, as much as he can remember. He took his quill and journal before dragging his feet out from the tent. He transfigured the box nearby to a bench and sat on it. He observed the beautiful night sky to get some peace of mind. He hummed to some random Muggle songs that turned out to catch his interest everytime Hermione played it in their old house. He jotted down the names of the free Death Eaters he found in the recent piece of Daily Prophet, his eyes snapped at the two last names he jotted down.

Adrian Pucey
Pansy Parkinson

.
.

2 weeks. 2 weeks since Draco left. 2 weeks since she read the letter of him telling her he would leave her forever. 2 weeks since she lost the person she loved forever. Everything was a mess since then. Narcissa kept mourning and even crying in her sleep asking Draco to come back. It was another level of hurt for her. She can't even believe Lucius was in Azkaban and now her son is missing.

"Teddy, you're not sleeping yet?"

"Hi, Hermione"

Teddy offered the witch to sit next to him. The boy was looking up at the beautiful stars decorating the sky. Hermione remained silent as she observed Teddy's condition. Being a Metamorphmagus like his mother, Teddy has the ability to change his hair colour according to his mood. His hair was ice grey, which she has never seen before. It was always blue or yellow when he's happy. Sometimes it's purple when he's scared and sometimes it's orange when he's angry. She'd never see the new shade coming from him.

"What's the meaning of your hair colour?"

"Sad"

"You're sad?"

"Hmm. I heard Granny Cissy crying the other night but I don't know how to ask her. Granny Andy sometimes cried after putting me to sleep"

Hermione smiled sadly. It must be hard too for Teddy. She knew the reason both Andromeda and Narcissa were crying. Even if she was quite aware about Andromeda knowing something, she didn't think it was the right time to ask. If Andromeda told everyone right now, there might have been a fight between her and Narcissa. Hermione sighed. She tilted up her head as she felt soft hand on her tummy.

"What's the baby name?"

"Scorpius. It's a boy" Hermione smiled.

"I can't wait to see him. I wanna have friends, especially in Hogwarts"

"By the time you're in Hogwarts, Scorpius would probably be playing with toys broomstick, Teddy"

Teddy giggled softly, his hair turning into a shade of blue as he looked up to the sky. Hermione did the same and she saw the constellations floating beautifully, decorating the dark sky. Her eyes flickered around, naming all of the constellations she knew according to the Astronomy lessons she learned years ago. Her eyes stopped at one unfamiliar constellation. It was never written in the book, not that she know the existence of it. She turned to Teddy before checking the sky again.

"That's Draco"

"What?"

"The constellation. The name is Draco"

"There is a constellation named Draco?"

"Yeah. I found it in the library the other day. It's a Muggle book"

Teddy's eyes went unfocused as he looked back to the sky. Hermione felt a great bang inside her as the name hit her ears. Teddy didn't speak about Draco that much because even at the age of 6, he knew which things can be spoken out loud or not. Hermione blinked her eyes few times, swallowing back her tears from falling. She turned to the back door and saw Andromeda. Teddy was still looking at the sky. She smiled to the woman.

"Teddy, it's time for bed"

"Granny!"

Teddy ran and hugged Andromeda. He whispered something to his grandmother before running into the mansion. Hermione smiled warmly as Andromeda joined her on the bench. She was fighting with her inner self wether she should ask the question or not. Andromeda was admiring the sky as her brown eyes flickered around.

"'Dromeda? Can I ask you something?"

"Yes, sure. What's it?"

"When did Teddy start reading books about constellations?"

"3 weeks ago. He said he liked it and I think that's a very great passion of him. He said he loves sky"

Hermione resisted the urge to ask the next question. She knew very well that Andromeda knew a lot about constellations as her name was also from the constellation Andromeda. It was running in their blood to name their kids after constellations and stars. She glanced back to the sky, checking the rare constellation. Andromeda probably knew the answer to her question.

"Do you know the constellation Draco?"

"Yes, I know. Why?"

"Why haven't I heard about it before?"

"It's a rare one. Appear only in the first 2 weeks of June. That's how Draco got his name. 5th June"

"The first 2 weeks of June? That can't be"

"What do you mean?"

"Draco can only be seen on the first 2 weeks of June. It's very rare for someone to spot Draco on the sky"

Hermione's eyebrows knitted in confusion. It was the beginning of March, how could Draco appear in the sky? Andromeda was still oblivious about the real intention of her asking the question. Hermione observed Andromeda quietly who was looking at the sky. Her eyebrows knitted in shock as she spotted one rare constellation. Her eyes became wide as she realized what was going on. She snapped her eyes to the young witch.

"Hermione, why did you ask?"

"Teddy told me about it when he saw it in the sky"

"But, it's March"

"What's happening?" Hermione frowned in confusion.

"This is a sign"

********
Facts about the constellation is made up but the constellation actually existed and is one of the 88 modern constellations we learn these days.

PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME!