Chapter 43

Pia's eyes opened and she found herself in a very familiar environment her only problem is she was the one lying on the bed not other way around. She was the patient here. Last thing she remembers is the car and then how Christopher and Forrest made her jump.

 And that too out of the moving car and that too when she was pregnant. She is going to kill both of them. Both the best friends are going to face her wrath very soon enough.

The door opened and Christopher entered with something into his hand. The snack she had told him to bring just before all went downhill literally. Christopher looked relieved seeing her awake. "Is that for me?" She asked looking at his hands. "Yes, my one and only little pixie. Just for you. It is just for you." Christopher said looking at her.

He cannot believe what had happened and he thought he had lost her yet again. But by god's grace he didn't, he just thought he will never ever see her again nor his little princess. No, he was so afraid that it was the last time he had saw her and his last memory of hers will forever that, he lying in her own pool of blood.

She saw his arm was bandaged and there was a little bandage over his left eyebrow too. He was hurt. And she was responsible for that wasn't she? "You are hurt" She commented. "I am fine seeing you are alright little pixie, now that you are alright, I can relax a bit more." He placed a kiss on her forehead. 

"And yes, I have brought your snack you were carving. I snuck it in, because the doctors weren't allowing it inside." Pia laughed at this. "Now, who is a bad doctor Mr. Woodland?" She asked. "Anything for you Mrs. Woodland. Anything for you."

Her hand suddenly reached for her stomach and to her horror it was flat. "Roy, what happened to my baby?" She asked getting up almost tearing her iv drips. Christopher was quick to act and held her in place. "She is alright, she is fine." He reassured her again and again. 

"Where is she Christopher, where is she?" She exclaimed again. "She is fine, she is alright." Christopher tried to reassure her but she was out of control and he didn't know what to do with her. So, she injected something to sedate her.

"Why do I feel like this?" She asked holding his shirt. "When you wake up you will feel much better, I promise baby. I promise." Christopher put her down on bed and covered her. He needed to take her home as soon as possible. But first he needed to do something more. He kept the things on her bedside table and kissed her again walking out and closing the door beside him.

Forrest was waiting for him inside the neonatal ICU. "How is she?" Forrest asked. "Woke up and then screamed for her baby, so I have no choice but to sedate her. I had to I cannot just let her tear up her stitches again. Can I?" Christopher asked.

 "Your daughter is going to be a handful Christopher." Forrest Commented. "She will be, I know but, I also know because she is her mother's daughter, she is going to be like her, down to earth and helpful." Forrest nodded and again he was lost in some other world.

 It made Christopher wonder if he is hiding something from him. "I need to call the family." Christopher said walking away from there.

Pia woke up again and saw a little bundle of joy in Christopher's arm. "My baby" She whispered. "Yes, your baby. Our baby girl." He said. "She has your eyes" Pia took her into her arms and she opened her big doe like eyes. He was right she had her eyes. "She has your nose." Pia commented. 

"That means she have a good chance of becoming another leading neurosurgeon?" he asked. "Maybe she has, she has a genius father after all." She replied. "And a genius mother too, not to mention she have a whole lot of people to love her, doesn't she?" He asked. Pia nodded smiling.