Chapter 45

He made her sit into the CEO's chair. "From today this all is yours, Mrs. Woodland, you will bark the orders and I will do the work. So, I don't have to worry about that anymore." "But Roy I never wanted your chair or your property, I just wanted you," Pia said slightly overwhelmed with her new role in his workplace.

 "no, you didn't but do it for your husband darling, he had been too much-tired juggling between the CEO position and as a neurosurgeon and now a father. I just want to spend some quality time with my daughter if you don't mind."

"Ya? And Forrest? Did he say he is alright with it?" Christopher smiled at that. "You do know right Woodland is not the only hospital he is linked with; he has his own heart research institute he looks after So Miss Mathur have work cut out for herself more than she wants to. And Forrest is glad that he doesn't have to bear my presence during the meetings because as he said I tend to get a little grumpy"

"That you do Mr. Woodland, my grumpy husband." And they laughed as he picked up his glass and clinked it to get everyone's attention. "May I have your attention ladies and gentlemen," everyone looked at him. "most of you know me as Dr. Woodland, your boss or as Dr. Pia would say, the boss from hell" And they all share a smile over that phrase of his.

 "Truth is I thought there was nothing important in my life other than my work and for that, I have always prioritized my work, but someone came and shown me it is not all I have in my life, I have more, I can be more than just Dr. Christopher Royce Woodland, the CEO and the leading neurosurgeon." He paused looking at Pia who was listening intently to his words.

She always pays attention to him no matter how crowded the room might get, she always paid attention to his words always. "I have other roles to play, as your friend, as your colleague, as someone's companion. A husband, a lover, and a father, those roles I never would have assumed I can have without having this lovely person beside me. Mrs. Pia Roy Woodland, or as you all know her Dr. Pia Christopher Woodland, my other half and my wife. So, I decided to share my burden with her, she helped me learn to see things differently, and little by little I have changed and that is because of this wonderful woman here right next to me."

She held his hand in his. "And I decided to do more, from this day forward Mrs. Woodland would be the CEO and the research head of the establishment. I can never have found a great successor than her. So, I want all of you to make you feel her welcome into this establishment and treat her as you had treated me with respect." Christopher placed the glass down. "Today I want you to enjoy from tomorrow we all will resume the work."

Christopher placed a glass into her hand and said "That went better than I expected, guess no one really liked the boss from hell after all?" "And you said it, Mr. Woodland, you were the boss from hell but now..." Pia paused. "Now? Now what Dr. Woodland?" He asked. "Now, I cannot think I wanted to do it any differently. And I could not have been with anyone else than you Roy," "So do I little pixie,  I could not think my life without you, my love." She blushed looking down.

"Still so shy Mrs. Woodland? That is one thing I love about you. Still so innocent as the way I met you on the first night in that hotel room when I saved you from them, and you have saved me in turn. You have done more than that." He kissed her forehead pulling her into his arms. Christopher has all he can ask for now. He needed nothing more from his life. For him, this is a success in the best way because he is happy. He is now very happy.

"Where is Forrest?" She asked as her friends surrounded her. It was the question Christopher was thinking about too. Where was his best friend? He told him he will be present here but now he is MIA from the scenario. "Forrest will come I am sure he is just busy with some work; you know how he can get don't you?" They all nodded but Christopher wasn't satisfied. He was hiding something from him and that was the last thing he wanted from her best friend.