Chapter 36

Pia gazed at Christopher's peaceful sleeping face. Pia never saw him this much relaxed. It was like this place have an strange effect on him. "So, you are married, how did that happened?" Drishyam asked her. 

"I guess it happened because of that man sleeping there. He is my mentor too. Dr. Christopher Royce Woodland, CEO of the Woodland Healthcare And Research center. I never thought he would go and marry me because I wanted to leave." Drishyam looked at the man thoughtfully. He looks tired.

"Tell me Pia, how does he manages to get by daily through your tantrums?" Drishyam joked. "Well he says he loves me." Pia smiled as she remembered those words. His exact words. "God bless his poor soul." Drishyam joked again. "Drish, now this is getting ridiculous." "I feel sorry for him" He said again. "You know I can still hit you very well?" She asked. "Yes but that was before you became a football." Pia pouted. "You are so bad." She complained.

"So, special vacation?" Drishyam asked as they made a pit stop just to take some supplies. "Yes, mom wanted to meet my husband. And I have to see her too. It had been months since I visited her last." Pia whispered. "Does he know whole story?" Drishyam asked. 

"I am hoping I can tell him after he meets my mother. And I hope she remembers me this time" Pia's voice turned sad. "Pia don't lose hope. I am positive she will get better. After all you are doing all you can to..."

They saw Christopher coming towards them and he pulled her close placing his head in the crook of her neck. "Where you were? You have left me alone baby" he said in still sleepy voice. "you were sleeping, I didn't have heart to wake you up." She said holding him to her. "Are we there yet?" he asked. "Almost. We will reach there in two hours or so." He nodded placing a kiss on her forehead. "Don't leave me like that ever again" He mumbled under his breath.

The car finally reached its destination. "I will check us in, you two go ahead." Pia nodded thanking Drishyam. "We are staying?" Christopher asked. "Just the night. Because it can rain anytime. We will leave tomorrow first thing in the morning for Mumbai" She told Christopher. 

"No, we can stay if you want to, I know how beautiful this place is. It is peaceful here, with nature all around us." He said. "You want to just hide me from the world to a place like this. Don't you Mr. Woodland?" She asked. "Yes, and can you blame me?" She shook her head in no.

"What is this place anyway?" Christopher asked as they walked towards their destination. "Khanvel, I have brought you here so that I can finally tell you about everything I haven't. You know I have been adopted by D'Silva's right?" He nodded. "But I was not an Orphan, I never was." She held his hand as they neared the place where she had kept a part of her life hidden. From everyone, almost everyone." She said. She stood in front of Iron gates. "What is this place?" Christopher asked. "You will see"

She pulled him towards the gates and as they entered a wave of nostalgia hit Pia, it was like she had left this place yesterday, but in reality it had been so long, she almost forgot what it was like to stay here. "Welcome to my home, Christopher. This is the place I grew up actually." She said. And then few children ran towards her. "Pia Didi, Pia Didi" They shouted, surrounding her. She handed them chocolates and they bounced happily returning to the place they came from.

"What this place is exactly?" Now Christopher was very much curious. "It is a place where the helpless people like me turn to when they have no place to go. Come, I will show you" he followed her quietly. 

Thinking there is much he doesn't know about his wife. And that is just a big part of her life that was hidden from him. He decided once they return back to their hotel room he too will tell her everything about him. Everything that he had been hiding, the reason for his resentment, and his bitterness all these long years he had been harboring.