Chapter 14

Pia was looking into his eyes. His eyes were cold, so cold. She remember how that day went in locker room. And that laid to his resent. Today is Rose day, and in a week, he will be engaged to Mia. Mia and Christopher. She looked away and he walked down the hallway not giving her a second glance. It was like this, since that day.

He caged her again, Pia tightly closed her eyes. "Little Pixie, tell me if I was marrying you would you let me complete what I started that night right here, right now?" She remain frozen as he kissed her neck, holding her both hand above her head. His hand moved down her body slightly touching the skin of an abdomen.

She pushed him away, with all her might. He stumbled back. She fell down hurting her leg again. "You don't have the right to touch me like that, don't you dare touch me..." "I don't want to touch you ugly pathetic self too, get out of my sight now, you make me sick to my bones Miss Pia Ray, this is the last time I have lost my control like this because you dare to seduce me"

Needless to say, they are not in talking terms. He didn't even bother to say sorry; he seldom is here. But somehow next day when she came in, a nurse helped her with a leg brace. When she asked who told her to take care of her, the nurse said it was her doctor. And she concluded that maybe he felt guilty for what had happened. He didn't bother to acknowledge her after that.

Nor did she tried to talk about everything that had happened. And now the scowl seems to adorn his handsome mouth permanently. "Dr. Ray, Dr. Woodland had given a chart, for the patients who are currently under observation. He cannot check them up so he instructed that you do so." She nodded and took the list. The first one was Robert; she hasn't visited him in a while. He is recovering quite well.

She was walking towards the first patient when she slipped, almost fell down. But someone again caught her. She closed her eyes tightly. "Open your eyes, Miss Ray, if you walk with your eyes close you are going to fall down and no one is going to save you again and again." Her eyes met his cold grey ones. He straightened her.

"Who is in charge here?" He shouted making her jump. "S...sir I...I am" one man shuttered. "Don't you know if you mop the floor then you got to put a caution sign so that no unsuspecting person fall and break their neck?" She shivered at his cold voice. He was angry, was it because of her? But it cannot be. No it cannot be. "I...I am sorry Sir. It was an accident," "An accident? What if someone fall down and injure their already injured self?" He asked.

She was the reason he was angry, and that is not a very good sign. "You are fired, don't show your face around here." "Sir please... I have two little kids and an ailing wife who..." He looked angrily at the man. "Then you should have been careful, many doctors and patients walk through these corridors, if any one them fall and get injured who will take the responsibility? Tell me? Will you? No, it will be the hospital management, who will be responsible."

"Sir Please... it was my fault, he is not..." "Do you wish to be fired to Miss Ray? Do you like to trade your job for his? Forfeit your scholarship? Fine then, today it will be the last day you will be working for this place. Consider our business here is concluded" With that said he walked away. "Sir..." Pia held his hand and shook her head. "You have many things to do here, I don't, I have something I need to do back in my country. Please don't worry about me. I have much to do there, lives to save, you on other hand need this job." Pia smiled and walked away leaving the man utterly confused and feeling guilty.

As Christopher reached the sight where his things were getting ready to shipped off to his medical camp. Suddenly he realized he shouldn't have done what he did. That girl wasn't responsible for anything bad in his life. In fact, She doesn't even knows his issues. The reason for his anger, she knows nothing. And he was the one who tried to assault her when he was drunk, but then, she never did knew he was her fiancé not her sister's because again no one told her or made her understand.