Chapter 16

His house was more like a pent house then a regular apartment, with every kind of amenities there can be available. She looked around at the walls, he had few paintings here and there, this whole place screams of aristocracy. He took her inside a room. 

"For the time being this is your room Miss Ray, you can rest here, and yes, you cannot wet your bandages so, all you can get is a sponge bath for now, if you really like to have one, administered carefully by someone." She nodded.

"Do I get a nurse Sir?" She asked. "I am the whole medical team you need as your assistance for now," he said. "B...But..." He placed a finger on her lips. "No talking Miss Ray, now do you like a bath? Shall I assist you?" He asked.

 "N..No y...you cannot..." "I cannot what? See you naked? Because of what, I am not someone who should because according to you I am no one important in your life, I am just me, not someone important in your life. We share no relationship, is that the argument?" He asked.

"NO...I didn't meant..." "Oh little pixie you did meant all you said, every single word. You mean all that, and more, you never did think me a anything else than just a person who had professional relationship with you. Did you little Pixie? Then as a professional relation, I am your doctor and you are my patient. The doctor who discharged you works under me, so it made him my junior, making you my patient. So, I think as a doctor I have a right to treat you don't I and if you feel uncomfortable, just turn off the lights when I come in, now, let me get you something soft and some water to clean you up."

She didn't knew what to do. He is her doctor after all, and he doesn't harbor any kind of feelings towards her. Only thing he does feel is anger, and she can feel it in his every action there is. He resent her, and there is no exception of that feeling.

She saw the lights turn off. Then she saw him. He was looking at her, with an unreadable expression on his face. She turned around not looking at him, She tried to pull the strings on her gown but wasn't able to, he moved closer to her holding her hand,

 "Let me Pia, you will hurt yourself more." Her hand fell down and she closed her eyes tightly, in the pale light of candles he thus lit he slowly removed her only protection she was wearing.

And then her carefully wiped her neck, her fingers and her hands, and then her legs, and stomach, carefully so that her bandages doesn't get wet. "You were lucky you know, it didn't had to take an operation to mend your wounds, if it was, then probably...," "I would have died of complications of the burns, not the burns themselves," She completed the sentence. "I know sir, very well"

"yes, that's very true, you know your stuff, Miss Ray, it wasn't very surprising that you were the topper." He told her wiping her face slowly, She lay very still, very still, unmoving like a statue. Stiff and rigid.

 "Miss Ray, you can open your eyes and look at me, I will not touch you, because you said you are not mine, when you do not belong to me, when you are not kept by me, you can be sure that, I am not going to touch you inappropriately." He moved back. "All done Miss Ray," He whispered. "For now,"

He placed a soft robe on her body, "Wear this, it will be comfortable and it will let the air in your skin. I must see if I have something, I can serve you as dinner. Rest, you need lots of it." He said not touching her.

"Then why did you kiss me?" She asked as he was about to leave, "Why did you kissed me back at the hospital if you weren't worried about me? Tell me Dr. Woodland, which doctor kiss their patient on forehead when no one is around, and which doctor waits by their patient for them to wake up?" She asked. She was utterly confused of his actions, why he was doing what he was doing, what was he trying to accomplish by this? What was he trying to achieve?