Chapter 7

Happy Reading!

Disha had promised not to reveal anything about Pia's recent encounters with a certain someone. But she didn't know how she is going to console her friend. Pia was sitting in her room at Mia's father's penthouse. Disha was sharing the room with Pia. "Pia don't think about it more than necessary or both of them will pick on your distress soon." Pia nodded.

"What are you going to wear tonight?" Disha asked trying to broke her train of thoughts away. She didn't know what else to do at this point. At this point her only hope was that she somehow keep Pia distracted. Suddenly Pia's phone rang and she jumped in fright. "It is just your phone Pia." Disha said, Pia looked at the number, it was not in her contact list.

"Hello" She picked it up. "Little Pixie, how was your trip? Are you well rested?" She almost jumped at the voice. Her heart beat quickened. Her palm begun to sweat. "I...I am fine" She shuttered. "Someone is with you? Let me guess one of your friends perhaps? Is it Miss D'Silva?" "No" She tried to control her wayward breathing as Disha was looking at her worriedly.

Disha took the phone from her and put it on the speaker. "Really Miss Ray? It is childish to seek protection from me with help of your friend. And putting my phone on speaker wont help." Disha was amazed by the observation skills of the person on the other end of the line. "Sir, I am not seeking protection for anything or from anyone. I am not afraid of you."

Pia wanted to sound brave but failed. "I can feel your voice quivering and I haven't said a word yet, I just called to remind you of the evening arrangement Miss Ray, I will be waiting, do not disappoint me. I am not a patient man when it comes to my things. If I cannot get them..." He paused then chuckled. Pia felt her feet turn cold.

"Can't you see you are scaring her Mr. Woodland? My friend doesn't like to be intimidated." Disha said. "Oh, Miss Seth, I haven't intimidated her..." He paused for a second and then added. "Yet" "I don't care, whether you did or not, but you have scared her. I don't like my friend to be scared like this. She doesn't wish to associate with you more than necessary, it is effecting her mental peace, can't you see?"

"I can see but I care less about her mental peace. She is to be my date tonight. She should be ready to fulfil that duty of her. She knows better than to reject my hand. And besides I am just asking her to accompany me to a party I am not asking something immoral that she should be afraid of, if you can you can ask her if I ever had ever given any impression that I want to do more, If that is how she presented me in front of you, then I think she needs to update her definition of immorality"

The line went dead. He was so angry at Pia, so angry that... "How could she even think about me that way? How could she even think that I can ever demand something so immoral, something so despicable something that clearly goes against my work ethics?" he asked himself. He ordered a bottle of whisky; he needed a drink. And he needed that fast, his migraine is acting up yet again.

"What he had asked you to do?" Disha asked her finally seeing that she was clutching the black and silver saree tightly in her hand. "H...he wanted me to meet him at hotel Sentinel, room no 508, he said I should come. He will be waiting for me." Pia informed Disha. "Oh, so that is what he want." She nodded. "You shall get ready. First thing Pia, then we will find a solution together for this ordeal, I promise and too before the party starts."

He was looking through his tux wondering what his companion for tonight might planning to wear. Someone knocked at his door and he smiled "I will ask her myself, she must have come to me, finally. I can now relax a little." He thought and walked towards the door and opened it up. But it was quite surprising for him who was at the other side of the door. It was not the one whom he was expecting. "You?" He asked looking at the girl dressed skimpily. "Yes, love your mother said you might need a companion for tonight."